Not connected, Your IP: 35.153.170.189
Freedom777

Suspicious activities in background of Eddie (AirVPN client version)

As soon as i used last version of Eddie, ​I got a heavy unwanted traffics come into my fresh windows VM. By tracing the mentioned traffic back, I found they are connected to the notorious and discredited big data seller companies.

​Such as:

• ​Hosting Services Inc
  • ​Amanah Tech Inc
  • ​Leaseweb
  • ​Softlayer Technologies Inc
  • ZAO Russian Telecommunicatoions Group
  • ​Deepak Mehta FIE
  • YesUp E-Commerce Solutions Inc

and tons of other third party companies. My question is why by using your VPN client I'll revived this much traffic on ICMP protocol, but by using OpenVPN in exact same server I won't get any? Are you selling/renting/trading our information? Will we a part of big botnet by using your client VPN version?

​I (we) need a clear official answer. Privacy is matter.

Hello,

our client pings all VPN servers to assign a rating from your node which includes round trip time. Ping is based on ICMP. Our VPN servers are inside datacenters owned or operated by some of the companies you cite. The option can be disabled, but it is normally quite useful.

In absence of a documented justification for the claims you wrote, they must be considered defamatory and your message will soon be deleted. These forums are aimed to community support from the community and must remain crap-free.

Kind regards

As soon as i used last version of Eddie, ​I got a heavy unwanted traffics come into my fresh windows VM. By tracing the mentioned traffic back, I found they are connected to the notorious and discredited big data seller companies.

​Such as:

• ​Hosting Services Inc
  • ​Amanah Tech Inc
  • ​Leaseweb
  • ​Softlayer Technologies Inc
  • ZAO Russian Telecommunicatoions Group
  • ​Deepak Mehta FIE
  • YesUp E-Commerce Solutions Inc

and tons of other third party companies. My question is why by using your VPN client I'll revived this much traffic on ICMP protocol, but by using OpenVPN in exact same server I won't get any? Are you selling/renting/trading our information? Will we a part of big botnet by using your client VPN version?

​I (we) need a clear official answer. Privacy is matter.

the servers are setup to be Private dont worry about that as much as i know.

the big amount of ICMP traffic that appears is just a PING to each server to know how much latency ( MS / Ping ) you get to them  so they can connect you to the fastest. 

Hello,

our client pings all VPN servers to assign a rating from your node which includes round trip time. Ping is based on ICMP. Our VPN servers are inside datacenters owned or operated by some of the companies you cite. The option can be disabled, but it is normally quite useful.

In absence of a documented justification for the claims you wrote, they must be considered defamatory and your message will soon be deleted. These forums are aimed to community support from the community and must remain crap-free.

Kind regards

If there's any defamation it's of those companies he/she mentioned.  Of AirVPN only questions were asked.

If there's any defamation it's of those companies he/she mentioned.  Of AirVPN only questions were asked.

Exactly, and that will not be tolerated. Thread stands anyway for a while, waiting for documentation supporting the claims.

Hello,

Kind regards

just one more extra information to my post. these ICMP data is used mostly for that https://airvpn.org/topic/11208-in-what-order-the-client-choose-recommended-servers/ i guess

i guess air vpn needs to be on a very safe side. i come from the Pia vpn and before that Cyberghost.

Cyberghost closed their forum because of too much work. ( and trolls)

and PIA VPN forum is overrun by Trolls and people that try to damage pia Image.

iam happy now to be here. with vpn and forum

i Like how Air vpn is active in the forum and how they handle stuff.

Exactly, and that will not be tolerated. Thread stands anyway for a while, waiting for documentation supporting the claims.

my question is if those companies are "bad" then why choose a VPN provider that has servers with those companies?  of course, I think it would be hard to find a VPN provider that doesn't have servers with (some) of those companies.  anyway, I think the troll is large in this one.

my question is if those companies are "bad" then why choose a VPN provider that has servers with those companies?  of course, I think it would be hard to find a VPN provider that doesn't have servers with (some) of those companies.  anyway, I think the troll is large in this one.

i researched a bit and only found out that some providers offer only to HOST big data Servers like Dedicated boxes. but not that they sell data to Big data Companys.

nothing wrong with that.

I was going to act like how the staff did, but what makes me different from her/him?  I'm with people not with big anti-privacy companies, so let me ask more questions before I judged your honesty with customers:

​1. Are you the only VPN provider who needs to know which server is in the better situation? Why [censored] and [censored] which provide same service don't cooperate with mentioned companies since they are using their own VPN client as well? You are telling me because of technical issue you are not able to say which server you own is in good shape?

Since you brought up servers' ownership, FYI;  law enforcement looks at the airVPN's servers' ownership (US, Canada, ...) not where airVPN company is registered (Italy),

2. Is it fair to say: talking about "no log policy" is just a new way for marketing and not necessary means anything?

You, as an official airVPN representative clearly said: "Our VPN servers are inside datacenters owned or operated by some of the companies you cite" and is it means: airVPN not able to protect your identity because it's already owned by others companies who do business by selling your identity? like this US based company: Nobis Technology Group, L.L.C. which it owns part/all of your servers

​Last question for now:

3. Did you use lack of documentations which you supposed to provide them long time ago as a tool/excuse/shield to act like dictators who won't tolerate any opposite voice?

​This is not even a opposite voice my friend, it's just a question based on your customer curiosity, and if you delete this question as you promised you will, it wouldn't have any meaning other than, ariVPN likes dictators won't be happy to see their people/users/clients become more aware. If I'm wrong insisted of suppress your curios client, use this opportunity to help us to understand these suspicious behaviors.

Thank you for time and understanding.

Your response doesn't provide any meaningful data you were requested to provide.

Starting from point #1, the server ping feature is totally configurable and is designed to tell

the user which server will be best for him according to the exact location and latency where

the test came from. So your trolling attempt will not be successful here, this is a well documented

and designed feature. I would not even comment about conspiracies you cited, some if which are,

"are we going to be part of a botnet". The AirVPN client, is the only VPN client among dozens of

providers which is both open-source, reproducible and even commented inside the source code.

Since you are obviously not a programmer (otherwise you would not even ask this question in the first

place) I will assume this was a question with a nature of "bona fide" attitude.

The data centers have nothing to do with the service, which means that you are not familiar with

some facts about how the dedicated server lease hosting industry actually works.

This sentence:

​1. Are you the only VPN provider who needs to know which server is in the better situation? Why [censored] and [censored] which provide same service don't cooperate with mentioned companies since they are using their own VPN client as well? You are telling me because of technical issue you are not able to say which server you own is in good shape?

Doesn't even make sense. The only provider that needs to know what? The client you downloaded pings all the servers

in order to determine the best one. You don't even have to buy a fulltime subscription for this feature. This is just a feature

designed to save YOUR time, by going to the main status page and check the server load and latency by yourself.

Regarding this:

3. Did you use lack of documentations which you supposed to provide them long time ago as a tool/excuse/shield to act like dictators who won't tolerate any opposite voice?

You are not an opposite voice. In fact, you did not provide any statement so far about any of the features, or the servers,

which are actually bad for privacy, or anything related to it. Since if you had, you would probably point them directly, without

going around the bush. Some data centers you mentioned before are used not only by Air, but also with many other providers.

Your attempt to call those companies "notorious and discredited big data seller companies" is just pointless libel.

By tracing the mentioned traffic back, I found they are connected to the notorious and discredited big data seller companies.

Unless you can provide credible and meaningful feedback, from reputable sources, about why any of those data centers are

bad, it would be you, not them, who is being notorious and discredited.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Freedom777; please tell me how Nobis Technology Group,LLC cracked AirVPN's software?????

From what I understand, 80 people using a USA server, are using the same IP address but different ports.

How does Nobis get your name, address, your ISP IP etc... the illegal (actual) alleged activity that you are doing on AirVPN's server.

Remember 79 other people are using that same server with you.

Ask the Moderator; if 80 people use the server, does the server show 80 individual different IP addresses so that each individual can be traced?

If so, defeats the purpose OF ALL VPNs!!!

There is an article, somewhere in the Forum, where one AirVPN user cited a company blacklisting a server company for using ICMP too many times.

Look up what ICMP is.

I wrote an article, "suspicious activity from Nair server". It was explained to me that Nair server and other servers were testing their latency (pings).

I appreciate when I click on the eddie client and it finds me a server with the lowest ping (latency).

AirVPN has good customer service prodecures.

I was with a highly rated (alleged) VPN company for 6 days; it is in the forum.

I have been with AirVPN 217 days.

The problem, with the alleged highly rated VPN, it was rated by companies that are sales oriented organizations.

Check privacytools.io. That alleged highly rated company and a few other so called highly rated VPNs are not even mentioned in that website.

@Freedom777

Since you failed to provide any proof sustaining your claims and since you persisted in writing claims completely unsupported by evidence, your account can't write anymore in our forums. Our forums are meant to provide the community with support from the community itself, it is NOT a place for anything else, not even freedom of expression. We provide tons of other tools to exercise freedom of expression: we run Tor nodes, we offer free access to activists to VPN services, we offer option to run web sites behind our servers and more. Therefore, these forums must remain clean and functional to the technical support activity community-to-community. We will take all the necessary actions to accomplish this purpose.

Kind regards