Not connected, Your IP: 18.205.114.205

Hello,

Yesterday I found out that I cannot login into my PayPal account.

I'm getting this message: "Sorry, we can't log you in. If you believe there is an issue with your account, contact us." I never got any emails from PayPal saying some bad news about my account being blocked or something like that...

I tried different Airvpn servers - still same problem. Last time I used PayPay was about a month ago and everything was ok.

I wonder if it is VPN related? Does anyone else having this problem?

Thank you.

This is related to your account. Generally it is not advised to use VPNs to login there, they have various ancient IP validation routines instead of

real measures like 2FA. You will have to contact them and ask about your account.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

It's related to paypal in general I think, as zhang said they use awful validation methods I was trying to make a purchase with the Prague server but it locked me out of my account everytime saying it couldn't verify my details of course I could login normally just not make a purchase, I don't think it has to do with VPNs in general just that if the IP seems to be from a server they will be wary of it and sometimes lock you out.

On another forum I read about a user who signed into Paypal via VPN and later the same day without the VPN. Ended with his account being locked as a security measure ie signing in from two different countries within a short time. Because of this I never sign into paypal via VPN.

On another forum I read about a user who signed into Paypal via VPN and later the same day without the VPN. Ended with his account being locked as a security measure ie signing in from two different countries within a short time. Because of this I never sign into paypal via VPN.

Some people don't wanna be online without a VPN so not always an option.

I've never had issues with paypal and AirVPN. Maybe some countries/ servers are blacklisted? I use mostly Swedish and Netherland servers. But  I've already encountered problems related to credit card payments. Sometimes I needed to connect with my real IP in order to complete the payement process.

@OP: Sounds to me like an issue with your account. Can you log in/ pay without using AirVPN?

Some people don't wanna be online without a VPN so not always an option.

Well that would work too, the problem arises using two different widely spaced internet addresses in a short period.

I went through so-called "Forget/reset my password" procedure and after that I could again access (login into) my account, but it seems to me that I cannot make any payment though without any reasonable explanation... Somehow the "reset my password" procedure gives back an ability to login. And yes, I'm 100% sure I was entering the correct password before that. Anyways, the most strange thing to me is if they blocked/restrict my account in any way, why don't they sent me any notices/warnings about it on email or inform me in any other way... weird. It looks like I would have to contact them.