#21 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:03 AM

About the update asking, I don't have this with 50.1.0 on Debian Stretch.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#22 pr1v

pr1v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

I downloaded it manually from the website. What I mean is that normally all downloads come with a shasum to check or gpg, but not in waterfox. I think it's not in apt.

#23 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

I think it's not in apt.

The build is a few weeks old, it takes some time.

Always remember:

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#24 OmniNegro

OmniNegro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationThe Fiery Pits of Texas, USA.

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

Current versions of Debian cannot run this without a recompiled GCC library. So if you are not ready to compile the library in question, this cannot work.

The library in question was compiled without one file that is needed. And I am not a Debian person, so I cannot advise anyone how to do this.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

#25 pr1v

pr1v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

It's ready to download for GNU/Linux in tar.bz2 and you can execute it with the waterfox file inside the folder. It's not in the Debian sources yet.

#26 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:32 AM

Current versions of Debian cannot run this without a recompiled GCC library

Current as in stable/Jessie? Works on testing/Stretch.

Always remember:

#27 OmniNegro

OmniNegro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationThe Fiery Pits of Texas, USA.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

Current versions of Debian cannot run this without a recompiled GCC library

Current as in stable/Jessie? Works on testing/Stretch.

Indeed Jessie. I should have been more specific.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

#28 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

In this case you might just need to update gcc. Compiling it is a pain in the ass, if you ask me.

Always remember:

#29 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1852 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

Hello!

Thank you for the update giga, that was nice of you. It's nice to know Waterfox is progressing.

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#30 mmmxx

mmmxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:43 PM

Download it from the website or just compile it yourself.

As of Waterfox 50.0, it is possible to build Waterfox on Linux, making Waterfox available for all major platforms. I'm now considering Waterfox again.

--------

yeah , but    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/waterfox-bin/ has bin only  ... seems no one did it before !

#31 Khariz

Khariz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:58 PM

Because of this thread, I installed Waterfox yesterday.  Loving it so far. 

#32 zhang888

zhang888

Donald Trump of IT/Security

• Moderators
  • 2214 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

I still strongly recommend to avoid it. From:

https://www.reddit.com/r/waterfox/comments/4oag2y/waterfox_47_release_june_2016/

• Fixed Netflix playing issues once more. It appears that Netflix compares user agent strings against the ability of that browser version to play EME. I've now set the user agent to pretend that Waterfox is Firefox 38, which seems to have fixed the issue once more

Great choice, now you have a unique fingerprint on the web since nobody is using Firefox 38 in 2017.

• There was very bad weather in London last week and my flat got damaged in the process. Unfortunately a lot of my computer equipment got Water damage, which has delayed the release until now. My Mac is being repaired by Apple (once more), so expect Mac builds to be delayed once again.

Your security and updates are in the hands of a single developer, which is never a good practice when you need constant updates, and with browsers, you really need them.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

#33 cm0s

cm0s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:10 AM

appreciate the updates on Waterfox and I do wish the developer success

and giganerd, again, i am so happy you are on linux, i really am

sincerely, splif aka cm0s

#34 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:03 AM

Great choice, now you have a unique fingerprint on the web since nobody is using Firefox 38 in 2017.

It only overrides this for amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, netflix.com and chase.com...

general.useragent.override.netflix.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0

As I wrote, these "horrible defaults" can be easily changed.

Always remember:

#35 ~Daniel~

~Daniel~

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:00 PM

I generally use x64 FireFox, but thought I'd give WaterFox a try for what it disables.  Unfortunately (on Win10) WaterFox becomes unresponsive if I try open the Addons option.

#36 jean claud

jean claud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

I'm using Chromium, Tor browser with and without Tor, Waterfox, Firefox ESR and Pale Moon . I've configured the last 3 ones by about:config:to obtain more privacy + add some extensions  .

The browser that I prefer far away is Palemoon , light ,safe,  stable and efficient .

Would be nice if some guys  using the same browser give me their feedfack

#37 pr1v

pr1v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

I'm using Chromium, Tor browser with and without Tor, Waterfox, Firefox ESR and Pale Moon . I've configured the last 3 ones by about:config:to obtain more privacy + add some extensions  .
The browser that I prefer far away is Palemoon , light ,safe,  stable and efficient .
Would be nice if some guys  using the same browser give me their feedfack

I used Palemoon a lot, now from time to time. The problem is that it's not 100% compatible with many websites and domains, but I love it. Most of the time I only use Tor Browser and when I need to do some things that it's impossible with Tor Browser then I use Firefox and Palemoon with some changes. I also tried Waterfox before but not now. And of course I never use my real IP in my PC: I deny all connections with gufw in GNU/Linux and then I use Eddie with network lock enabled (it starts the new firewall rules) and connect with some AirVPN servers, then to Tor Browser.

#38 jean claud

jean claud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

well looks like we have the same profile : Linux with Eddie, network locked , Palemoon, Tor, Firefox :yes:

#39 hanswurst77

hanswurst77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

wanted to give it a try on linux mint 18.2 - managed to install it, it opened after installation, but after closing it i realized that it doesn't show up in my start menu. now i don't know how to run (let alone uninstall) it. :-(

#40 goduke

goduke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Check is anything from here is working:

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2221692

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 15439 - BW: 60055 Mbit/sYour IP: 54.166.181.58Guest Access.