Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.172.94
Sign in to follow this  
JoeBean

Pause before connecting in Eddie?

This might be covered elsewhere but I can't find it with search so I thought I'd ask.  

It takes a little while for Windows 10 to connect to a network (wired, in this case) after waking, but Eddie (v2.10.3) starts trying to re-connect before the network is actually up.  In most cases this causes it to start connecting, fail, then re-connect, which seems like a waste of time.  And since it takes longer to cancel the connection than to just let it try it's usually faster to just let it go.  As well, if "Force reconnection to last server" is not checked it will sometimes connect to some random server that's nowhere near the fastest as the server list seems not to be updated for speed (no stars next to any servers and they'll be in a different, seemingly random order).  Also, I'm not sure if this is related but if network lock is enabled it sometimes seems to trigger a loop wherein AirVPN can't connect/retries/fails/retries/etc. and I have to kill AirVPN, go into the adapter settings and turn DNS back to auto, re-open AirVPN and re-connect. 

Is there a way to make Eddie wait a few seconds before attempting to connect to ensure the network is up?  

Hello!

In "AirVPN" > "Preferences" > "Advanced" > "Events" call a script that waits or check the network. Suitable event can be "VPN Pre".

Kind regards

Thanks!  That seems to have worked.

In case someone comes here with the same problem I created a batch file (just a  text file with .bat extension) and put the following into it:

timeout /t 10 /nobreak

Saved it, then as mentioned above added it run on "VPN Pre".  10 seconds worked for me, but I've disabled the low energy networking settings in Win10 that can make the re-connect time MUCH longer, so YMMV.