Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.112.111
AdderDeath

ANSWERED Eddie 2.10 not installing on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS due to libmono dependency

Hey,

So I am trying to install Eddie on the new Ubuntu 16.04 LTS release and am getting the following error.

Package Dependencies could not be resolved. Dependency is not satisfiable libmono-system-runtime2.0-cil.

I tried installing that dependency and got the following message:

Package libmono-system-runtime2.0-cil is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  mono-reference-assemblies-2.0 mono-devel

Installing the two replacement packages doesn't solve the problem either.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

I have exactly the same problem, just upgrade from 15 to 16 :-(

Same Problem.

After upgrading my Kubuntu from 15.10 to 16.04.

Damm I hope it will be fixed soon.

But fortunately the portable version is working. But use the one without mono.

i realise that this is likely a stupid question, but where can i find the portable version?

True, I've started using the Linux portable till a fixed version of the *.deb comes out or they decide to port back mono 2.0 into Ubuntu 16.04. (unlikely, the last one)

While the portable definitely does the job, the *.deb version did seem to work marginally faster, was a lot easier to register as an application in the launcher as a shortcut and seemed cleaner to install and use. It would be nice, therefore, to have an Eddie 10.11 that works in Ubuntu 16.04 out of the box. 

I'd be willing to help with beta testing as well, if it will aid the process in anyway.

Thanks!

I did a lot trial and error, and the only solutions that worked for me, was the portable with mono. Which on the one hand is great, but on the other hand is more or less Windows on a Linux/Free Software PC

Real noob question, I just switched to Ubuntu 16.04 from Windows 10 and had no issues connecting to VPN on 10 but cannot for the life of me figure it out for Ubuntu. Of course I switched over at the same time as everyone else is having issues. Can anyone point me to a short tutorial to get it working on 16.04? Thank you in advance.

EDIT FROM STAFF: BEST SOLUTION IS INSTALLING DIRECTLY EDDIE 2.11.x WHICH IS FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH MONO 4.

1. Go to https://airvpn.org/linux/

2. Select and download ".tar.gz Portable" 32 or 64 bit

3. Then right-click the downloaded file and choose "Extract Here"

4. Enter the extracted folder and run "airvpn".

STAFF EDIT: NOW YOU CAN INSTALL EDDIE 2.11.x WHICH IS COMPATIBLE WITH MONO 4 AND CAN BE INSTALLED ON UBUNTU 16.04

https://airvpn.org/topic/18625-eddie-211beta-available/

Here are some ideas and possible solutions:

Method I: Install "Wine", then run "portable Eddie" from there 

Method II: Use network Manager w download openVPN files and AirVPN certs

Method IIa: Use gOpenVPN instead of Ubuntu's "Network Manager" for AIRVPN certs

Method III: Use dd-wrt and AIRVPN certs on a compatible router

Method IV: Route all traffic through VMWare/VBox Machine w installed WinXP/Linux1404 or whatever you like which actually connects to AIRVPN

Google to see which method suits you best ...

No idea if this is connected, I usually add the VPN manually but even this doesn't seem to work in Ubuntu-MATE 16.04. Get connection successful but it never resolves the host so pages just don't load.