Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.164.106

Hello!

I'm a new user and I'm pretty happy so far. Speeds are not great, but maybe that will improve.

I would very much like to have a server in Finland, where I actually live, in order to watch online Finnish TV without turning off the VPN. Any chance of this happening in the foreseeable future?

As a side note: Finland is not a member of NATO or any other nasty alliance, and our laws are pretty decent so far.

Cheers!

I think you should be able to watch your Finnish TV using other servers; just post the sites that won't work under the Blocked Websites subforum and Air will see if they can sort it for you

mate ive asked 3 times for Major Aussie networks live tv streaming to be added cause they dont have an Australian Server..all 4 requests have been ignored..lets see how yours goes.

Nitehawk, you're an Aussie warrior.

I put the chances of Aussies or Kiwis getting a server in the Antipodes at exactly zero, though I live in hope regardless. I suspect this will mostly be about the ridiculous costs.

More importantly to me, I can't understand why you keep asking for the geoblocking on ABC iview and SBS ondemand to be attended to, but it never is (not that I'm aware of anyway - I stand to be corrected!) I don't think it is necessary to take a support ticket for such matters, is it? You surely just need to post it on the forum? If so, I can't help but be annoyed that other people's requests are looked after, but somehow Aussie viewers are unable to get access to the two public broadcasters, despite repeated requests. Not sure what is going on here.

As a side note: Finland is not a member of NATO or any other nasty alliance, and our laws are pretty decent so far.

I would very much like there to be an AirVPN server in Finland for this reason.

mate ive asked 3 times for Major Aussie networks live tv streaming to be added cause they dont have an Australian Server..all 4 requests have been ignored..lets see how yours goes.

Hello,

to inform correctly our readers we wish to correct false information you persist on providing in your messages.

Your request for Absolute Radio was taken in charge a few minutes after you wrote it. It was fulfilled after a few hours, in August 2015. When we asked for a confirmation from you you didn't even bother to check or even reply to our communications.

Your request for ABC Australia was never filed on a ticket but ABC Australia is accessible from all of our VPN servers since June 2015.

Kind regards

ok i thought id sent a support but u know what happened..it kept failing due too issues with your website logging people out

HERE

https://airvpn.org/topic/16114-account-not-staying-logged-in-website/

anyways

on the forum

https://airvpn.org/topic/15206-tvcatchup-geoblock/?do=findComment&comment=37043

https://airvpn.org/topic/16311-another-request-for-aussie-websites-microrouting/?do=findComment&comment=35329

well ive asked 3 times in various forums plus i thought id sent a request, which i do apologize for. the website kept logging me out. this is why it was never sent

Well in rebuttle

I was on a three day trial when i asked about absolute radio. Then it slipped my mind.

Like most things do as we all lead busy lives.

As i mentioned in the support ticket i just opened . I have explained what happened an why u never got the request like i thought u did

Due to the website logging people out at that current time so i had thought it had been sent

Dident wanna harrass u guys again with more support requests so placed a few requests on the forums hoping staff would see that and maybe help the australians out.

Anyways i really loved using air but i belive the attitude on the forums is a bit of a stretch.

To then moderate my posts like i am a newbie is annoying as u could have the final say and make anyone look like the dill

Anyways cheers

Thanks staff.

I can confirm that ABC iview and SBS On Demand both work fine via VPN from my laptop. I hadn't realised because I was trying to access via my iPad. It does NOT work from my iPad. Without VPN, I can access both services on my iPad, but with VPN on, I get a lovely black screen with just the control panels showing (it doesn't activate of course). I tried accessing via VPN via America UDP 443, Asia UDP 443, Canada TCP 80, Canada UDP 443 alt. entry, and America UDP 53. No joy at all. I travel with my iPad rather than the laptop, so this is pretty annoying. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Otherwise, I might just take out a support ticket (my iPad is rather old, so admittedly this may have no solution for me).

+1 for a server in Finland

Still no reply from Staff to my asking for a server in Finland in order to watch Finnish TV on http://areena.yle.fi/tv. I'm growing less happy by the day. Even if a new server is not possible, a reply surely is.

Curious- did you try my suggestion? 

Can anyone explain me the technical benefits of a server in Finland?

Personally I dislike this option due to lack of peering and a very centralized market,

where Elisa Oyj (largest ISP by far...) owns over 50% of the internet marketshare,

then we have Nebula and Telia with 10% each, none of the above are P2P neutral btw,

then we have very niche providers like Creanova with sane policies and prices but with

very limited peering options and high latencies to anywhere even inside EU.

I would welcome a server with Creanova as well but not at the expense of other

technically better locations.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

an anyone explain me the technical benefits of a server in Finland?

Personally I dislike this option due to lack of peering and a very centralized market,

where Elisa Oyj (largest ISP by far...) owns over 50% of the internet marketshare,

then we have Nebula and Telia with 10% each, none of the above are P2P neutral btw,

then we have very niche providers like Creanova with sane policies and prices but with

very limited peering options and high latencies to anywhere even inside EU.

I would welcome a server with Creanova as well but not at the expense of other

technically better locations.

It would be useful also for Russian users because the current best option is Sweden, which is not ideal. For example:

mtr fi1.nordvpn.com

Packets               Pings
 Host                                   Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
 1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             0.0%    22    1.2   0.8   0.6   2.4   0.3
 2. xxxxxxxxxxxxx                        0.0%    22    0.6   0.7   0.5   2.3   0.2
 3. xxxxxxxxxxxxx                        0.0%    22    0.8   0.8   0.7   1.5   0.0
 4. 212.1.239.142                        0.0%    22    1.2   1.1   0.8   3.0   0.5
 5. ae8-230.RT.OV.SPB.RU.retn.net        0.0%    22    0.8   0.9   0.8   1.1   0.0
 6. et1030-6.RT.TNR.HKI.FI.retn.net      0.0%    22    6.5   6.7   6.5   7.9   0.0
 7. GW-EuhostFI.retn.net                 0.0%    21    6.6   6.7   6.4   9.9   0.7
 8. server-91-233-116-223.creanova.org   0.0%    21    6.5   6.6   6.5   7.0   0.0

mtr Muphrid.airvpn.org

Packets               Pings
 Host                                Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
 1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx          0.0%    20    0.7   0.7   0.6   0.9   0.0
 2. xxxxxxxxxxxxx                     0.0%    20    0.7   0.7   0.5   2.5   0.4
 3. xxxxxxxxxxxxx                     0.0%    20    0.8   1.8   0.7  17.5   3.9
 4. 212.1.239.142                     0.0%    20    0.8   0.9   0.7   2.4   0.2
 5. stck-r1-m36-xe-2-1-1-910.ti.ru    0.0%    20   12.6  12.8  12.6  14.6   0.4
 6. netnod-ix-ge-b-sth-4470.se.ip-on  0.0%    20   13.5  15.2  13.4  41.8   6.4
 7. 62.109.44.149                     0.0%    20   14.3  14.3  14.2  14.8   0.0
 8. vl-1510-cr1-akb.link.teknikbyran  0.0%    20   14.6  19.7  14.5 117.1  22.9
 9. 62.102.148.146                    0.0%    19   13.9  14.6  13.9  16.5   0.5

A lot of traffic from Russian users is concentrated in Russia itself, or nearby regions. Eg.:

- vKontakte social network (much more popular than Facebook in Russia), is hosted in Russia

- Yandex search engine, which is more popular than Google, also in Russia

- Google has a large datacentre in Hamina, half way between Helsinki and St. Petersburg.

Also, recent legal-political changes (a new surveillance law) have created a need for good VPN services as close as possible to Russia. I can say for sure many people in Russia are talking about these developments and looking for solutions...:

- http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2016/07/vpn-firm-private-internet-access-exits-russia-due-to-spy-law/

- https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/07/russia-asks-impossible-its-new-surveillance-laws

- https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/21779/we-are-removing-our-russian-presence

Torguard as I can remember exactly using Creanova as an Finland location. But performance-speeds was not so cool, maybe at least for me, because I'm beyond of Russia. Ping, yes, was good, like with sweden's Teknikbyran I have in AirVPN.