Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.117.109
Sign in to follow this  
Dakin

Network lock with Bitdefender Total Security

Im using Bitdefender Total Security 2016, and when the firewall is turned on, network lock doesnt work (i can access the internet with the vpn disabled).

It was working with Bitdefender total securtiy 2015, so is there some way to configure Bitdefender or Airvpn to make it work ?
Also, am i still somehow protected when browsing the Internet through Airvpn without a firewall ?

Ive already found this but i dont think anything in there helps me.

Sorry if my question is already answered, i havent found a solution.

The air client Network Lock uses the windows firewall to prevent leaks.

Bitdefender is probably disabling the windows firewall while active, thus you're not protected from leaks.

Running multiple firewalls is a bad idea. Your best bet is to use the clients network lock.

The only other option is to manually make the rules yourself in bitdefender, which imo isn't worth the time it would take to do it.

Ok, thank you.
So i guess i will disable the bitdefender firewall and use the windows firewall instead.

The problem I see here is that bitdefender's firewall is much more superior to that of windows. (However, windows 10 is the safest version of windows).

So yes I would recommend setting up bitdefender's firewall to block all traffic when vpn is off. (may be more complicated than it is.) 

I am in the same situation as you. My current antivirus is Vipre and it too has its own internal firewall system. However, for me, the settings that are available in vipre to block network protocols with a simply rule is nonexistent.  

My suggestion to you will be to check bitdefender forums and support about how to block internet access. 

Just to update this thread in case others are looking.

Network lock does now work with Bitdefender Total Security.

There is no need to disable it in favour of Windows Defender (which gives you an annoying "at risk" display in Bitdefender).

Just activate the network lock on Eddie as usual and it all works.