Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.214.123

I've been running into a recurring issue with the VPN software, where every few days it will slow Windows down to the point of being unuseable (where it takes a minute or two to register a mouseclick), after which the only way to recover seems to be boot into safe mode and uninstall the VPN client/TAP, after which chkdsk comes back with several screens full of read failures, index errors and orphaned files. Once it's finished cleaning all those up, the machine will be back to normal until the next time I try to reinstall the VPN, and then a day or two later it happens again. During that day or two there are no error messages and no signs of any problem.

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1, and I've run into this using both the AirVPN client and OpenVPN.

I don't currently have any other virtual network adapters installed. I did have one from virtualbox when this first occured, but I've uninstalled that in case it was causing a conflict, and this is still occuring.

Any help would be appreceated. I'm currently leaving the VPN uninstalled (as the cycle of slowdown/uninstall/chkdsk/reinstall has become quite a hassle), but I would like to be able to use the VPN again.

Thanks

You should seriously check your hard drive's SMART status. How old is it?

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

It is not a hard drive problem... i am having the same issue.

AirVPN was MEGA fast on windows x. never a hitch... windows 7 just crawls or just doesn't work...

First, try a downgrade because I can smell you using TAP 9.21 and it was responsible for freezing my Windows 8.1 installation in the past. There's a link to a thread in my signature.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

It also freezes with Win10.  I just sit and wait a minute or two until I can use my computer again.