Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.93.210
Sign in to follow this  
chuckhammerberry

Airvpn DNS problem using Eddie

So here is my issue

Randomly I cannot surf the Internet , but sometimes I can still reach websites that are SSL and sometimes I cannot reach regular sites or SSL sites

if I go to my network adapter and change the DNS from the airvpn eddie supplied dns to a public dons like 8.8.8.8 then I can surf and Internet browsing is working. Obviously this is a DNS leak if I leave it like this

I'm at a loss on what to do

I'm running Windows 10

Latest Eddie client

Already uninstalled and reinstalled it twice

Insured IPv6 is not enabled

Tried different servers

Enable the network lock.

https://airvpn.org/faq/software_lock/

I'm already using network lock

@DNS

Try choosing one of the dns options in the advanced area.

https://airvpn.org/faq/software_advanced/

Look for DNS Switch mode on that page.

I tried switch mode but same issue, Internet browsing works then randomly stops. Only resolution is to use a public static DNS

Test for leaks.

https://ipleak.net/

https://www.dnsleaktest.com/

WOW, disappointed in the support

"Hello,

we think that your system is messed up and the ability to restore it is beyond the scope of this support team. We have delivered a full refund of your last one year subscription

Thank you very much for your choice, but unfortunately we can't support you at this time.

Kind regards
AirVPN Support Team"

I agree with them that it's nothing on their side. Literally nobody else has this problem. You should probably reformat. Something isn't working the way it is supposed to. Something isn't working the way it does for everyone else who uses AirVPN.

I agree with them that it's nothing on their side. Literally nobody else has this problem. You should probably reformat. Something isn't working the way it is supposed to. Something isn't working the way it does for everyone else who uses AirVPN.

you agree with them? that's crazy. While I agree there is something wrong on my PC and i'm open to reimaging my desktop but to respond to your customer with that comment (offer no solution) and just refund my subscription and cancel my account is not what I call good customer service

you agree with them? that's crazy. While I agree there is something wrong on my PC and i'm open to reimaging my desktop but to respond to your customer with that comment (offer no solution) and just refund my subscription and cancel my account is not what I call good customer service

Hello!

The way you expose the facts is very peculiar, to say the least, and casts some doubts on your good faith.

Just for the readers, because you should already know:

• your account has not been deleted or anything else (and this is obvious, since you could write on the forum with that very same account)
  • your account can still access VPN servers
  • the support you need goes well beyond technical support pertaining to Air, but as a courtesy you have been fully refunded (for your last payment) because you can't, unfortunately, expect infinite support on this problem (and any other problem which is not Air competence). In this way you can decide with no time pressure what to do, and continue testing without your one year money commitment
  • before giving up, support persons provided you with more than 30 replies in multiple tickets (it's not that you have been left with the problem without even trying to solve it)

Kind regards

@chuckhammerberry most providers will just ignore such support tickets, so at least you should thank

Staff for trying to resolve your issue.

From the description of the problem, sorry but it seems like you don't want it to be solved. Your technical

explaination lacks any details that can help members pin point the issue, you didn't provide any logs and

you are unwilling to test with a fresh install, live CD or another machine.

The fact that you received a full refund is a sign of an outstanding support, not only a good one.

I have encountered countless issues with providers where the problem was on their side, and no

refund were given even after technical explaination why something is totally messed up (on their end).

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Supporting what sounds like a broken or incorrectly configured windows install really isn't Air's responsibility lol.

And by the sounds of it you still got a lot of support via the ticket system.

./For future reference, setting your dns @ 8.8.8.8 is not a leak, its simply using a different dns.

And since you didn't post any data such as logs, current firewall software or anything helpful tbh. It's not all that surprising other forums users didn't chime in with ideas.