Photo

Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID

Linux command line Ubuntu KVM

Best Answer giganerd, 06 February 2016 - 11:56 PM

We've had this in the past. Have a look at Weird log entries.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chemist80

chemist80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:06 PM

I've setup a Ubuntu 15.10 64bit server as a VM for my torrenting, I'm running openvpn from the command line using a config file generated from this site.

When my torrents are running I see a lot of error like below:

Sat Feb  6 11:51:26 2016 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #153005 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

Sat Feb  6 11:51:26 2016 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #153013 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings
Sat Feb  6 11:51:26 2016 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: bad packet ID (may be a replay): [ #153014 ] -- see the man page entry for --no-replay and --replay-window for more info or silence this warning with --mute-replay-warnings

I've disabled port forwarding on my router just to check if that was causing an issue but it doesn't seem to make a difference. 

I've tested downloading a torrent with openvpn running on my physical laptop using the same config file and on a Xubuntu VM and I only this error once ever few minutes so its definitely something on the Ubuntu server VM that's causing the problem.

Any ideas what the issue is?

#2 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:56 PM   Best Answer

We've had this in the past. Have a look at Weird log entries.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)