Can you clarify those claims?
1) IMO it is an utter and complete PITA. Others have voiced similar complaints.
2) There is inherent volatility with Bitcoin so there is financial risk.
3) there are a host of trust issues and risks
3.1) Have to find wallet software to trust.
3.2) Have to use good opsec every single time and log in via Tor or VPN minimum.
3.3) Can't buy with prepaid Mastercard or Visa without verifying identify, even then not many do it.
3.4) If you can't buy with prepaid card, it means you have a connection back to personally identifiable info.
3.5) If you purchase in person via local itching there is always the chance of physical danger. Never know who you're meeting up with.
3.6) There is additional risk if you end up with a shady tumbler.
4) Nothing is guaranteed.
5) Everything is captured in the block chain.
6) If you think government authorities aren't all over BC, you've got another thing coming.
So after all that, tell me how that is easier or more secure than getting cash, going to your local store while you're out, buying a prepaid card and using it to purchase VPN services with Air, assuming of course the work with their payment processor to accept prepaid credit cards form the US. Look if you're super paranoid park across the street, wear big sunglasses and a hat when you purchase the card.
+1 Privacy by Combat.