• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 GIUUcfUSurP6Df5RetWGpf6Lse

GIUUcfUSurP6Df5RetWGpf6Lse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

I'm on Windows 10 Professional 64bit, using the Eddie client.

During regular intervals, but most noticeably when streaming or torrenting, the network speed will go to zero and after a few seconds, the Eddie client will disconnect (icon turns grey). Network lock is on and the client is set to reconnect when the connection is lost, but this takes time and many times YouTube (for example) will just return an error because I've disconnected and reconnected from a different server. Another weird thing about YouTube is that the disconnection normally happens when I choose the 720p or 1080p video from the HTML5 player's settings button.

The time between first losing connection to regaining it fully takes about 45 seconds and will happen several times during a 2 minute video, if the entire video can be streamed at all.

I've included a screenshot of what my torrent speed looks like as an example of what I'm dealing with. There is a clear pattern to what is going on. Like I said above, it takes about 45 seconds from losing connection to reconnecting, but with torrents this can be much longer due to update intervals of the trackers.Ba3Bgay.jpg

I should point out that this doesn't just happen when streaming or torrenting, but it is most noticeable then due to the otherwise constant stream of data. I also notice it occasionally when opening new tabs or clicking links in my browser.

Thanks for any help. It's much appreciated. I've used AirVPN for around a year now and until recently haven't had many problems

#2 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2452 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:01 AM

Would you be so kind to paste your logs into spoiler tags? They might help a bit more.

[spoiler]logs[/spoiler]

does this

Spoiler

Alternatively, you can click on the third icon from the left in this editor window, select spoiler from the drop down menu and paste your logs in there.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs is the proper way to heaven.
Same issues are rare! Search for solutions and if not successful open your own threads.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

#3 GIUUcfUSurP6Df5RetWGpf6Lse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

Absolutely. I cleared the logs and went to play a video and the problem occurred again twice. I'm connecting through an SSH tunnel.

The logs are as follows:

Spoiler

#4 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2452 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

. 2016.01.26 13.16.29 - SSH > Network error: Software caused connection abort
[...]
. 2016.01.26 13.16.45 - OpenVPN > TAP-Windows Driver Version 9.21

Did you try connecting normally using UDP/443 for example?

Also, a few users reported issues with TAP 9.21 on Windows. You could also try downgrading to 9.9 to see if this solves the issue.

Always remember:

Same issues are rare! Search for solutions and if not successful open your own threads.

#5 GIUUcfUSurP6Df5RetWGpf6Lse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

I've tried all connection methods and SSH is actually the best case for me. When I've connected normally via either the "Automatic" setting or UDP 443, I sometimes see an upload speed of around 11MB/s shown in the "Overview" section of the Eddie client, but without being able to connect to anything. The problem with this is that the client doesn't realise something is wrong and as a result doesn't reset the connection. I'm assuming it's all related to the same issue.

I'll try to get TAP version 9.9 and report back.

EDIT: I'm trying to get TAP 9.9, but from the OpenVPN website, it says that the 9.9 version is for Windows XP only. Later versions of Windows should be using version 9.21

Thanks for looking into this!

#6 GIUUcfUSurP6Df5RetWGpf6Lse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

I reinstalled the latest TAP driver from the openVPN and posted the logs below. So far I've had no issues, but I'll report back if I do.

Again, thanks for your help!

Spoiler

#7 GIUUcfUSurP6Df5RetWGpf6Lse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

Alright, problem is back and I'm really not sure what is causing it...

The following logs are from the same happening with an SSL tunnel.

Spoiler

#8 GIUUcfUSurP6Df5RetWGpf6Lse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:20 PM

BUMP - The problem still persists and is getting worse. I'm at the point where my internet is almost unusable. This is seriously making me reconsider AirVPN as a future provider. I hope there's a solution to this problem.

More Logs:

Spoiler

#9 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2452 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

You still didn't try a downgrade... download the XP package of OpenVPN, it will contain the old driver.

Always remember:

#10 GIUUcfUSurP6Df5RetWGpf6Lse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:32 PM

Hi Giga,

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I downloaded the TAP driver version 9, but unfortunately, the problem persists. Here are the logs for after the downgrade:

Spoiler

#11 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2452 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

Yes, because AirVPN upgraded again :D look through the advanced settings and disable auto-upgrade.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

Always remember:

#12 GIUUcfUSurP6Df5RetWGpf6Lse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:13 AM

Ah, that might explain it. I downgraded now, and so far, there's no issue. Thanks for your help, I'll report back if things keep happening!

#13 GIUUcfUSurP6Df5RetWGpf6Lse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:18 PM

And now to report back: I had to revert to the 9.21 TAP controller because I was getting a BSOD on Win10 Professional around every 30 minutes with the 9.9 version. I have the Broadcom 802.11n adapter in a Lenovo. I re-installed the Lenovo-issued WLAN driver to make sure that wasn't causing the problem, but unfortunately, that didn't help...

I've been considering to get the Intel 802.11ac wireless card for a while, but I'd hate to be forced to do it because of this...

#14 AN566

AN566

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:39 PM

Spoiler

oh it works, i didnt know you could do that