Not connected, Your IP: 54.92.135.47
T-BagOP

ANSWERED [SOLVED] Netflix has actually blocked AirVPN

Still working fine for me.  Tried U.S. and Netherlands servers.  They may be blocking some IPs and stuff.

Here's me watching S01E01 of Breaking Bad from this server in the Netherlands:

fEpaE5I.png?2

Yeah using Rukbat, no block. It's weird though its the first instance I have ever seen Netflix block a VPN.

netflix is blocked in the US, tried 3 serves today: Sabrik, Heze and Alkes. 

Message from netflix on all 3: streaming error, you seem to use an unblock or proxy service.....

so they did what they announced, block VPNs delivered to them via companies that are specialized on collecting VPNs IPs and DNS.

If I were a Netflix customer this would be a reason for me to abandon them. They are trying to enforce the same hilarious regional restrictions here as the movie industry has been doing with their regional dvd codes. They talk about licenses as the reason for this change of policy but the real reason is Netflix beeing available almost worldwide and they want the users to pay regional (meaning higher) prices. And of course these higher prices have to be paid for less and inferior content

If I were a Netflix customer this would be a reason for me to abandon them. They are trying to enforce the same hilarious regional restrictions here as the movie industry has been doing with their regional dvd codes. They talk about licenses as the reason for this change of policy but the real reason is Netflix beeing available almost worldwide and they want the users to pay regional (meaning higher) prices. And of course these higher prices have to be paid for less and inferior content

Not defending Netflix,as I too, think it is ridiculous, but it's part of their contracts, I don't think they really "want" to do it. But chances are some media company, like Sony or Whoever is rattling the sabres about this. However, they will not find it to be ultimately effective, I believe.

Since they do not limit you to your country based on credit card info (Since they really can not effectively do this either, as if you in fact travel to another country, this would (allegedly) be against the terms of their contracts.(Read: if you live in Canada and legitimately travel to the US, letting you stream Canadian Netflix content while there would be against their agreements) This means the only thing they really can do is block exit nodes for proxy and VPN providers. But I'm sure the VPN providers could come up with some sort of proxies on the exit of their network just for Netflix and I suspect this would be virtually impossible for Netflix to defect... And if they could it would be difficult to really ascertain whether the streams are "approved" or not, which, I predict, would eventually, lead them to essentially DRM-like results - blocking "legitimate" streams in some cases due to "over-blocking". But I am not enough of a network guru to know. I'm just guessing here. MOre likely, VPN providers will start changing their exit IP's and it will just be a cat and mouse game. But one thing I can say for sure... if this somehow leads to success on Netflix' part, it will cause people to just quit Netflix and start torrenting (more).

so glad im not a consumer of netflix..anyways its begun here in Australia

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/hometech/netflix-starts-blocking-australian-customers-from-us-catalogue-20160121-gman3y.html

Netflix has already begun locking out some Australian customers who circumvent its geographical blocks to access content from overseas catalogues, just days after it announced a crackdown on the practice.

This is largely for show. The content owners can throw a fit if Netflix does not take "steps" to block geododgers. But the truth is the could not care less where you are in the world so long as you pay.

Legal bullshittery causes them to have to attempt to block us, but they literally do the least they can while still maintaining the illusion of doing all they can.

So yes, please do talk about how horrible it is that they blocked a few IPs. It means they have less to do over time.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.

This is largely for show. The content owners can throw a fit if Netflix does not take "steps" to block geododgers. But the truth is the could not care less where you are in the world so long as you pay.

Legal bullshittery causes them to have to attempt to block us, but they literally do the least they can while still maintaining the illusion of doing all they can.

So yes, please do talk about how horrible it is that they blocked a few IPs. It means they have less to do over time.

I agree completely. This is no big deal to AirVPN customers, but if we go and make a big deal out of how horrible this is, it will actually help Netflix save face. Haha.

netflix is blocked in the US, tried 3 serves today: Sabrik, Heze and Alkes. 

Message from netflix on all 3: streaming error, you seem to use an unblock or proxy service.....

so they did what they announced, block VPNs delivered to them via companies that are specialized on collecting VPNs IPs and DNS.

Can confirm. Netflix, while using Internet explorer, actually gave a message about me using a proxy or unblocker.

I also can't use US Netflix on my two other browsers but they just give a streaming error.

By the way, also weird some AirVPN US servers make it so my location is in the Netherlands and not the US.

So obviously those servers don't work anyway.

Still working fine for me.  Tried U.S. and Netherlands servers.  They may be blocking some IPs and stuff.

Here's me watching S01E01 of Breaking Bad from this server in the Netherlands:

fEpaE5I.png?2

Netflix does indeed work through that server. Problem is, it's not the US version of Netflix when you use that server.

whatsmyip reports the server being in the Netherlands and apparently so does Netflix.

I agree completely. This is no big deal to AirVPN customers, but if we go and make a big deal out of how horrible this is, it will actually help Netflix save face. Haha.

Sorry Khariz, I am AirVPN customer and it is a big deal for me because I got a vpn first for privacy reasons and second for unblocking georestrictions especially of netflix and pandora. Got airvpn as provider due to privacy and hope it works for netflix, till now it doesn't. In fact all there IPs/Servers where in the first wave that netflix blocked for all 4 interesting countries (US/Canada/UK/Germany), not a good reference though. And for watching movies I will stream them from some oil platform based servers.... thanks god netflix is try out month too. So if I can watch US, they have a customer, if not I have ways around....

Thats the reason why I paid for one month to really try it out, if others fix this and airvpn not I need to leave, even I don't want to.

I'm not experiencing the same problem you guys are. It looks like Netflix blocked a few IPs. They aren't all broken and they didn't smartDNS infrastructure.

I'm not experiencing the same problem you guys are. It looks like Netflix blocked a few IPs. They aren't all broken and they didn't smartDNS infrastructure.

Then please tell me a airvpn server/IP in US and Canada with Netflix working so far for you. Maybe I switched to fast over one when I tried them all out.

My wife is addicted to some US and UK series, worked one day and she was very happy. Then netflix geoblocked airVpn servers and now I am in troubles....

It is enough to hope that the Yanks elect Donald Dumplump as el Presidente and get what's coming ...

Australia has a Free Trade Agreement with the USA, and will sign up for the TPP. So US multinationals can geoblockade to squeeze the maximum from their colonies and just sell mass junk. But the government/taxpayers can be sued in special panels for 100s of millions of dollars in "lost profits" unless they make it criminal offenses with harsh penalties for infringing US copyright and dodgy patent laws. And the media mafia may also be able to get German guy Dotcom extradited from New Zealand to be randomly tortured in US prisons.

Wonder what the latest is on Popcorn Time reincarnating somewhere connected.

All US servers appear to be blocked now. Or at least I'm getting blocked on all of them.

So, is there any way to get round this?

This may not be a big deal to some but this a royal pain. I canceled HULU because they didn't allow VPN's. Now Netflix is up to the same thing. I really don't want to cancel Netflix and I know my wife and Kids won't be happy if I do. They won't appreciate the argument that our online security is more important than caving into the overbearing establishment. Let's hope the NHL streaming app never gets this restrictive with vpn. 

Is there any plan at AirVPN to get around this issue? 

Even Baten working with netflix now