Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.204.208
MiXeDeMoTiOnS

AirVPN using Dynamic DNS (no-ip) & pfSense

I am trying access a couple of devices from the internet with NO-IP(mydomain.com).  I can only use the WAN ip which is my public ip with dynamic dns however it works internally but not externally and it points to my public ip when I do a dns lookup.  However when I update the setting to AirVPN WAN and forward the port in pfSense and in my AirVPN account it says unreachable and the dynamic dns doesnt work.  I know how to forward the ports out becuase it worked with Plex but I am having some difficulty with the dynamic dns.

Thanks in advance!

You have to set the dynamic DNS to AirVPN's exit server.

For example sbartley.airdns.org which you configure in the DDNS, and it will point to 178.162.198.111.

This will work when you connect to Wezen server.

You don't need NO-IP, AirVPN's DDNS service does the same task any dynamically updates the record

depends on which server you are connected to.

The only thing you are left to do is forwarding ports on pfSense, which you said you already did.

Try the above steps and report the results of the port check.

When using VPN, all your connections from the outside should come to the AirVPN server first, on

the port you chose to forward. You cannot (under normal conditions) connect to your ISP IP anymore,

since you will not have an external route to it.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Two unfortunate things, first there is no configuration for AirVPN DNS service in pfSense and the other is that I have the paid service of NO-IP with a custom domain.  However it does point to the exit server IP address but the domain cant be accessed i'm thinking I need to open up different ports but thats just my educated guess.

You don't need any configuration in pfSense to do this. All you have to do is configure it once,

in https://airvpn.org/ports .

This is a much cleaner solution, since in case you change the VPN server there is nothing you will

have to update on the DDNS side. It will be done automatically by Air.

If you still want to use your custom domain you have to update that record manually, to the VPN exit

IP that you are connected to. You can check that IP on ipleak.net.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

You don't need any configuration in pfSense to do this. All you have to do is configure it once,

in https://airvpn.org/ports .

This is a much cleaner solution, since in case you change the VPN server there is nothing you will

have to update on the DDNS side. It will be done automatically by Air.

If you still want to use your custom domain you have to update that record manually, to the VPN exit

IP that you are connected to. You can check that IP on ipleak.net.

Yep he/she is correct, its a real trip getting your mind aroung the ddns and port forwarding using air but once you get it man its good. Better than any other vpn provider.