Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.179.138
Sign in to follow this  
anonym

Suggestion for additional Scoring Rule

Hi,

I have a suggestion for Eddie.

On the tab for Servers, at the bottom there is a drop-down menu for "Scoring Rule" where the user can select "Speed" or "Latency". I think the option should be added to score servers by load (lowest is a higher score). I occasionally try to connect to a server with the lowest load, so perhaps this option could be integrated into the client?

Thank you.

anonym

This is good enough for manual connections, but under certain circumstances (when the connection drops or you restart etc.) the chosen rule (Speed/Latency) will kick in again. However, I seem to recall that the rules take into account many factors, load possibly being one of them.

Yes, the rule does kick in again, however I am quite sure that load is taken into account. This isn't directly what you may personally want - but in my experience, there are very few speed issues as the servers are often far from reaching their capacity. I would recommend connecting to the servers based on latency for most situations.