Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.235.196
Sign in to follow this  
volunteer_red

AirVPN keeps disconnecting after "Checking DNS"

Hi, whenever I try to connect, it keeps disconnecting then restarting after the "Checking DNS" phase. This has been happening for over a month. I am on OS X Yosemite with the latest AirVPN version. When I try connecting on my Windows computer everything works fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? I tried checking/un-checking the "Check if tunnel effectively works" option under Preferences, but it made no difference.

Try allowing Airvpn in the firewall, or disable filtered ports in your router, or even disabling the firewall.

In settings, disable "Check that the tunnel is using AirVPN DNS" and then let it connect. After it has connected, load https://ipleak.net and manually check yourself if it is using AirVPN DNS.

Wow, this worked for me. Thank you so much!!

Try allowing Airvpn in the firewall, or disable filtered ports in your router, or even disabling the firewall.

I added Airvpn to my list of exceptions in the firewall, but this made no difference.

In settings, disable "Check that the tunnel is using AirVPN DNS" and then let it connect. After it has connected, load https://ipleak.net and manually check yourself if it is using AirVPN DNS.

Please disregard my previous post. This worked for me, but ipleak.net shows that I am using my ISP DNS, not the AirVPN DNS. Is there a way I can get it to stop leaking DNS requests?

I added Airvpn to my list of exceptions in the firewall, but this made no difference.

Please disregard my previous post. This worked for me, but ipleak.net shows that I am using my ISP DNS, not the AirVPN DNS. Is there a way I can get it to stop leaking DNS requests?

I only have experience with Linux and Windows and unfortunately won't be able to help you much.

My only suggestion is to manually set your DNS to 10.4.0.1 after you connect. If you ever use the internet without AirVPN connected then you must change it back each time you disconnect.

If you have any questions, just ask and I'll answer the best I can.

Thank you so much for your help. I got around to looking at this today, and was going to manually set DNS to 10.4.0.1, when I found out that it was already set as that. So I tried to browse and it worked! Not sure what happened between a couple days ago and now, but my AirVPN is working completely normally again. Thanks to everyone for helping me out.

Are you at home or public wifi? I found some network block vpn, try using "SSL tunnel port 443" under Protocols in Preferences.

God bless you that worked beautifully Now its connecting and working, thx