Not connected, Your IP: 3.230.1.23

Okay so earlier this morning, I went to disconnect (website wouldn't accept ip location, understandable but annoying). Except it froze before I could do that. Being in a bit of a rush, I just opened the task manager and forced the task to close. I now realize this was a huge mistake. Trying to connect now, the launcher says not connected, site says otherwise. When trying to connect to a server it gives me an "OpenVPN is already running" message. I've tried disconnecting manually from the site but it just shows me disconnection pending forever. Walked away for 15 mins and nothing. Only other topic close to this is 2 years old and just recommended waiting for the timeout that was supposed to be 60 seconds. Is there something I'm missing?

Okay so earlier this morning, I went to disconnect (website wouldn't accept ip location, understandable but annoying). Except it froze before I could do that. Being in a bit of a rush, I just opened the task manager and forced the task to close. I now realize this was a huge mistake. Trying to connect now, the launcher says not connected, site says otherwise. When trying to connect to a server it gives me an "OpenVPN is already running" message. I've tried disconnecting manually from the site but it just shows me disconnection pending forever. Walked away for 15 mins and nothing. Only other topic close to this is 2 years old and just recommended waiting for the timeout that was supposed to be 60 seconds. Is there something I'm missing?

Hello!

It appears that OpenVPN is already running (and running fine, connected to a VPN server and tunneling traffic).

Since the Air client Eddie is an OpenVPN wrapper (i.e. it "drives" OpenVPN, consider it as a layer above OpenVPN with a lot of additional commodities, which also translates your commands to OpenVPN), it will refuse to start a new OpenVPN instance if it finds that another OpenVPN instance is already running, warning you with the message "OpenVPN is already running".

While the Air client is not running, open up again the task manager and terminate the process "openvpn.exe" (note: this will disconnect your system from the VPN). Then re-run Eddie.

Kind regards

When this happens you can restart your computer. Alternatively go into device manager, select the tap driver in network connections and disable it for a few seconds. Then when you enable it again it should work, this releases the driver.

When this happens you can restart your computer. Alternatively go into device manager, select the tap driver in network connections and disable it for a few seconds. Then when you enable it again it should work, this releases the driver.

Hello ! I suppose you didn't notice that the last post on this thread was from last year. You'd best not necro a thread so old, without a great reason. In this case, the problem had already been solved by Staff; but thanks for your input

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Posted ... (edited)

Hello!

It appears that OpenVPN is already running (and running fine, connected to a VPN server and tunneling traffic).

Since the Air client Eddie is an OpenVPN wrapper (i.e. it "drives" OpenVPN, consider it as a layer above OpenVPN with a lot of additional commodities, which also translates your commands to OpenVPN), it will refuse to start a new OpenVPN instance if it finds that another OpenVPN instance is already running, warning you with the message "OpenVPN is already running".

While the Air client is not running, open up again the task manager and terminate the process "openvpn.exe" (note: this will disconnect your system from the VPN). Then re-run Eddie.

Kind regards

Apologies for the necromancy but I'm facing the same issue.

I run a docker container with OpenVPN in it. This instance of OpenVPN is shown in the task manager of my Arch Linux host system. At the moment I have to kill docker in order to use Eddi.

Is there no better solution to this?

I can connect to a second tunnel by using the network manager, so 2 connections at the same time on the same machine are possible. This is not a permanent solution though because of the known issues with the network manager. The only connection that works is an old one. Whenever I try to add a new one, it doesn't work.

Edit: Nevermind, I was on an old Eddi package from the AUR. Updated to the latest version and now it works with two instances of OpenVPN runing at the same time.

Edited ... by Luftikus