Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.189.177
Suade12

Some questions about WebRTC leaking

Hello all,

I have been using Chrome since way before I started using a VPN, and will probably continue to do so, but I recently found out about WebRTC leaks and now I am concerned. I have been using OpenVPN to connect to AirVPN for the past few years, but I switched to the Eddie client sometime late last year. I cannot use network lock, since I am using ESET Smart Security and don't want to downgrade to Windows Firewall+Nod32 (mainly because I have so many rules and trust ESET's firewall more). According to IPLeak's torrent address detection test, only my AirVPN IP is showing. 

1.) First off, how long has this been an issue? As I said I've been using Chrome this entire time, so I would like to know how long I've been putting myself at risk.

2.) Even thoughmy real IP is leaking via WebRTC, only my AirVPN server IP is showing in torrents. Does that mean I'm safe when torrenting, and only exposed when using Chrome? 

3.) As I said, I won't stop using Chrome, but I will download Firefox and just not use Chrome when my VPN is enabled. However Chrome does work in the background (and I'm sure it's still snooping around in secret), so am I still at risk even though I don't have an actual Chrome browser window open? Is there a way to remain safe from WebRTC and have Chrome still installed on your computer, just not running when I'm using a VPN?

4.) I learned that there used to be a way to disable WebRTC on Chrome, but it doesn't work anymore, and that there is no true way to disable it on Chrome. Can it be completely disabled on Firefox? I know how to disable it on Firefox, but does it actually keep it off and keep me safe, or should I download another browser more concerned about privacy or just use IE that doesn't even have WebRTC to begin with instead?

Thanks for the help!

Your torrenting is secure and your real IP will not have been leaked.

Firefox can have WebRTC entirely disabled and will remove all risk involving WebRTC, I personally use Firefox.