We don't recommend this software, because it's closed source
- Install OpenVPN Client for Android.
This app offers an easy way to configure and use the well known OpenVPN.
There is no need to have the root access, because the VPN tun device is handled with the VpnService API introduced with Android 4.0 (ICS).
Not affected by TLS heartbeat read overrun (CVE-2014-0160)
- Launch your internet browser.
NOTE: Don't use the default Android browser. It has an unresolved bug ( Android Issue 1780 )
Opera and Chrome have been tested by us and work.
- Create configuration files from our Config Generator.
Choose Linux as platform. Only direct TCP and UDP connections are supported.
- Configuration files may be generated directly from the browser of the Android OS.
.ovpn files may be imported directly from the browser or a file manager to the OpenVPN for Android application.
The behavior depends on many factors: employed browser, Android version, etc.
For simplicity's sake, we assume in this guide that you saved .ovpn generated files under a directory in the Android filesystem.
- Open OpenVPN Client for Android, and tap the bottom right "+" button.
- Tap the "Import VPN Profile" button.
- Locate your .ovpn files, click on the configuration file you want to import.
- Confirm the import with the top right button.
- Click on the imported profile to connect.
- A warning from the Android OS is displayed. Check I trust this application and click OK to continue.
- Now you are connected to the selected profile.