AirVPN servers have at least 4 entry-IP addresses (4 IPv4 and equivalent 4 IPv6 addresses). Different entry-IP addresses provide different tunnel protocols or abilities, please see https://airvpn.org/specs
For each entry-IPv4 or entry-IPv6 address (1, 2, 3, 4), we have Fully Qualified Domain Names that resolve into the recommended server entry-IP addresses or ALL entry-IP addresses, in both cases according to geographical location. Such FQDNs are used automatically by our Configuration Generator.
The recommended server is updated every 5 minutes, to balance users between servers.
- <geo-name>[entry-IP].vpn.airdns.org - to obtain the best entry-IPv4 address for specified geo-name.
- <geo-name>[entry-IP].ipv6.vpn.airdns.org - to obtain the best entry-IPv6 address for specified geo-name.
- <geo-name>[entry-IP].all.vpn.airdns.org - to obtain all IPv4 and IPv6 entry addresses for specified geo-name.
<geo-name> can be an ISO two-letters country code (ISO-3166), a continent ('europe', 'america',' asia', 'oceania', 'africa') or 'earth'.
[entry-IP] is the entry-IP address number (1, 2, 3 4), and it is optional. Don't valorize it in order to obtain the first entry-IP, otherwise suffix the country code with the proper digit (e.g. 'bg' for Belgium recommended/best rated server first entry-IP address, 'be3' for Belgium recommended server third entry-IP address).
- nl.vpn.airdns.org resolves into the recommended server first entry-IPv4 for country NL - the Netherlands
- nl.ipv6.vpn.airdns.org resolves into the recommended server entry-IPv6 address for country NL - the Netherlands
- ca3.vpn.airdns.org resolves into the recommended server third entry-IPv4 address (tls-crypt connection) for country CA - Canada
- europe.all.vpn.airdns.org resolves into all the first entry addresses of all VPN servers in continent Europe.
Command line examples
Obtain every first entry address (both IPv4 and IPv6) for all servers in Switzerland, asking directly our authoritative DNS server.
nslookup ch.all.vpn.airdns.org dns1.airvpn.org
dig ANY ch.all.vpn.airdns.org @dns1.airvpn.org +short