Not connected, Your IP: 35.175.174.36
reactorr

WebRTC Leaks [SOLVED]

I would not recommend using it.

Looks like some other closed source junk from unknown Adware push company "FlashPeak Inc".

The only so-called "trusted" forks of Chromium should be either free and open-source (SRWare), or from a reputable security vendor (Comodo Dragon).

The rest is an unnecessary risk to both security and privacy.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Hello!

Actually we think that zhang888 is totally right.

On top of that, we would like to add that, even if an add-on were totally reliable for some browser, solving the so called "WebRTC leak" at browser level could be a false or partial solution. We would recommend solutions at firewall level, like our Eddie "Network Lock".

Please see here for explanations of the above and for further considerations:

http://www.clodo.it/blog/an-alternative-approach-to-so-called-webrtc-leaks

Kind regards

I would not recommend using it.

Looks like some other closed source junk from unknown Adware push company "FlashPeak Inc".

The only so-called "trusted" forks of Chromium should be either free and open-source (SRWare), or from a reputable security vendor (Comodo Dragon).

The rest is an unnecessary risk to both security and privacy.

it's 100% clean.

"Softpedia guarantees that Portable Slimjet is 100% Clean, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors."

http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Internet/Browsers/Portable-Slimjet.shtml

it's 100% clean.

"Softpedia guarantees that Portable Slimjet is 100% Clean, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors."

http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Internet/Browsers/Portable-Slimjet.shtml

And my underwear says its flame-retardant. That doesn't mean I'm going to light myself on fire to prove it.

-Seriously though, don't believe everything you read.

Edit:

To put it more gently softpedia at best scanned the application with a virus/malware scanner. ->Said scanner would only look for "known spyware ect".

Aka - They never look at the source code which could easily contain any number of bad snippets and the 'softpedia scanners' would never catch/see it.

That's the problem with closed source. Anyone could spend 5 minutes writing a bit of code, add it to the app and none of the scanners would see it for possibly months. "Until someone picks up/labels the code snippet as baddie then adds it to a database of spyware ect. -even then its a crap shoot if your virus/malware app will be using the database the code was added to.

giganerd guarantees that using Google makes you 100% private. [Download all Google applications here, including Drive, Desktop, Chrome, and even AdSense! Download today and get 50€!]

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I'm getting webeRTC leaks showing my real IP adress

I got win 8.1 x64 on a laptop.

Running the latest version of Eddie.

I've done the "usual steps" to prevent DNS leaks (not leaking)  and I have enabled the network lock but still leaking (in chrome, I have disabled it in firefox)

I'm checking this at ipleak.net

Not sure how popcorntime, flixtor etc works, I'm not sure if they are safe to use if I'm leaking webRTC.

Seems like everybody else here has this fixed by just enabling the network lock in Eddie.

Any ideas?

thanks!

I'm getting webeRTC leaks showing my real IP adress

I got win 8.1 x64 on a laptop.

Running the latest version of Eddie.

I've done the "usual steps" to prevent DNS leaks (not leaking)  and I have enabled the network lock but still leaking (in chrome, I have disabled it in firefox)

I'm checking this at ipleak.net

Not sure how popcorntime, flixtor etc works, I'm not sure if they are safe to use if I'm leaking webRTC.

Seems like everybody else here has this fixed by just enabling the network lock in Eddie.

Any ideas?

thanks!

This is a separate issue. Please create a new topic.

In relation to your problem, you should include what browser you are using.

I figured there are lots of these topics, might as well put it in this one.

Anyways - resintalled symantec endpoint protection without the network protection thing and now the network lock works flawlessly

Anyways - resintalled symantec endpoint protection without the network protection thing and now the network lock works flawlessly

Half the users in this forum solves their problems themselves - but only after they post it. Quite remarkable.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Half the users in this forum solves their problems themselves - but only after they post it. Quite remarkable.

Hey, we just need to talk to someone without having a reply or a real person..........i could be crazy

Yeah it's great, isn't it? Post and the problem will automatically be fixed