Not connected, Your IP: 3.92.96.247

Hi, I'm very new to all this kind of tech and wondered if anyone can help. I currently have a cloud ibox2+se satellite recieved box that has an option in it called openvpn and I just wondered if anyone can assist me in getting it to work with my virgin super hub router, I'm a bit nervous to mess around with any settings without any advice or tutorials. All help greatly recieved.

Many thanks

It's difficult to assist you without knowing anything about that system or what it's asking for. Can you post screenshots of the UI so we can try to help? Either way the setup guides for routers may help you as I imagine it'll be a similar process of copying in the parameters from an ovpn file (or importing one directly) and then pasting in the ca.crt details.

Do note however that such an embedded system will likely be severely speed limited due to the nature of most embedded SOC CPUs. You might only get 5Mbps or so out of an openvpn connection, which due to the nature of the box may well be enough anyway.

BTW VM SuperHubs are awful for dealing with openvpn connections. Every one I've tested limits the connection to around 3MB/sec or less, even on a connection capable of 19MB/sec (152Mbps package). You'd be far better off putting it into modem only mode and bridging it to a good router, either a pfSense box you've built yourself or if not a good high end Asus router.

Is this a Cable Box you are talking about? I use a VU+ and the setup is almost the same for OpenVPN.