Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.81.58
hansthespass

[Feature Request] Non-standard SSH/SSL Tunnel Ports

Hi there,

I've been using the AirVPN service now for several weeks and its been great!

Due to my ISP (VirginMedia) throttling VPN connections, I've been using the SSL/SSH Tunnels to get through. None the less they still apply a general throttle of 2 MB/s to all encrypted connections. After having done a bit of testing with one of my servers, I realised that the throttling is not done across the whole spectrum of ports, only ports 1 to 1024. For anything higher, in my test case 5432, there was no more throttling being applied.

Would it be possible to have the SSH/SSL tunnels connecting over a port greater than 1024, in addition to the current ones (22, 52, 80, and 443)?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I've been using the AirVPN service now for several weeks and its been great!

Due to my ISP (VirginMedia) throttling VPN connections, I've been using the SSL/SSH Tunnels to get through. None the less they still apply a general throttle of 2 MB/s to all encrypted connections. After having done a bit of testing with one of my servers, I realised that the throttling is not done across the whole spectrum of ports, only ports 1 to 1024. For anything higher, in my test case 5432, there was no more throttling being applied.

Hi Hansthespass

I will like to know how you did your test, to discover that your ISP "throttling VPN" connection.

A340

Would it be possible to have the SSH/SSL tunnels connecting over a port greater than 1024, in addition to the current ones (22, 52, 80, and 443)?

Thanks!