Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.81.240
Sign in to follow this  
PowerSoul

Can't access AirVPN from my home, not even the web page

Hi,

In the past day, I have been unable to access AirVPN from my home, and I can't even get to the the AirVPN.org web page. (I'm writing this from another location.) At home, I can launch AirVPN.exe, but when I go to LogIn, the application just sits there trying to connect and eventually times out. (It doesn't get to the point where I can choose from the list of servers.) And when I try to go to AirVPN.org, the browser just waits for the web page to load, and eventually times out. All other web pages and Internet functions (i.e. non-AirVPN) appear to work correctly.

This problem started yesterday. My ISP is Comcast, and I have tried resetting the cable modem and my router, but those didn't make any difference. As far as I know, no changes occurred on my home computer between the last time that AirVPN was working fine and when it stopped working. To rule out the computer itself, I plan to bring home my work laptop and tablet to see if they can connect. (Both connect OK from my office.) In the meantime:

- Any idea what would prevent me from accessing the AirVPN.org web page? (Could Comcast be blocking AirVPN.org?)

- Suggestions for other things to try?

Hello,

first of all let's see the frontend servers blocking problem. What is the output of commands (issued from a command line interface):

ping airvpn.org

ping 95.211.138.143

ping auth.airvpn.org

ping 54.93.175.114

Kind regards

So I got home this evening and found that AirVPN now works fine. Not sure what changed, but I had been unable to access it for at least 18 hours. If it happens again, I'll try the pings.