Not connected, Your IP: 3.91.8.23
hugomueller

[How To] Automatic connection at Windows startup with Network Lock

This is a tutorial which shows how to connect to AirVPN at Windows startup.

@ Devs: Please implement a feature which keeps Network Lock active after shutting down AirVPN client

Autostart with the Task Sechduler in Windows

Press [Win] + [R] and execute Taskschd.msc 

Right click on "Task Sechduler Library" and select "Create Basic Task...".

Choose any name and description

Choose "When the computer starts"

Choose "Start a program"

Enter the path of CLI.exe and choose the parameters

Confirm it with finish

Right click on the task and choose Properties

Choose these options

If your Admin Account is not activated:

Activate your Administrator account and set a password

If you have further questions or some hints to make this procedure more easy, don't hesitate to comment or contact me!

Please implement a feature which keeps Network Lock active after shutting down AirVPN client

Erm, I read somewhere around here that Network Lock persists after shutting down or rebooting your computer. Can't you confirm this?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Yes and no

This depends how you shut down eddie (by killing the process or by confirm the dialog).

My problem is mainly that if I start the eddie gui and auto connect is on, eddie removes the network lock and connects to a server. This leads to an IP Leak (webrtc). Actually there is not option to keep network lock on.

Yes and no :)

This depends how you shut down eddie (by killing the process or by confirm the dialog).

My problem is mainly that if I start the eddie gui and auto connect is on, eddie removes the network lock and connects to a server. This leads to an IP Leak (webrtc). Actually there is not option to keep network lock on.

Hello!

We need a clarification, please.

If you kill ungracefully Eddie (from Task Manager, or forcing closure in the shutdown process etc), then the Network Lock will not be active at the subsequent Eddie start because Eddie detects an "Unexpected crash" (by checking a log line). In this case, the behavior you describe is expected, but we are thinking about specific options to modify it.

If you shut down Eddie properly, then close the system, and at the subsequent boot of the system and autostart of Eddie you see that Network Lock is not active, then this would be a bug, but we can't reproduce it in any way.

Can you please clarify according to the above considerations at your convenience?

Kind regards

Thanks for the reaction

If you kill ungracefully Eddie (from Task Manager, or forcing closure in the shutdown process etc), then the Network Lock will not be active at the subsequent Eddie start because Eddie detects an "Unexpected crash" (by checking a log line). In this case, the behavior you describe is expected, but we are thinking about specific options to modify it.

This is the case. Would be nice if you could implement an option to lock the Network at startup also if the process was killed ungracefully.

Ok, I know this post is a bit old, so maybe something has changed. I've done exactly like the op described, and airvpn seems to be running in the background according to ipleak tests etc, but the Eddie client does not launch. I tried it without the "-cli" option altogether and with "-cli=false", yet no dice. Any suggestions?