#21 PortlyNinja

PortlyNinja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

Still seeing server unavailable.Is the vpn connection safe while this is happening. I cant connect on linux just get restart every few seconds.I can connect  using windows. I suppose my question is- Is the vpn connection still secure even though it can't retrieve the server data. I assume yes but i honestly have no idea

#22 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7796 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

Hello!

You might be experiencing "error 503" ONLY from inside a VPN server, so you can safely ignore it, it's not vital to update often VPN servers data & rating when you're already inside a VPN server. On the contrary you should NOT get that error when you're not connected to a VPN server. During time we will probabiy lift some limits we have now forced to mitigate the attack (which is still fully ongoing but should not affect in any way service availability).

Kind regards

#23 karn

karn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Am getting the same error message "cannot retrieve systems and server data (error 503)", but IP checkers and IPleak all say I am connected to airvpn server.

Carry On

#24 calyx239

calyx239

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

I keep getting this message. The VPN is working fine, but the message popping up all the time is really annoying! I can't seem to disable the message, it always comes back.

#25 Slugg

Slugg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

I'm having the same problem as everyone else, I was just wondering what is the nature of the attack?

#26 YLwpLUbcf77U

YLwpLUbcf77U

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

Happened still on Heze.  Tried reconnected to no avail.  Connection does work and IPLeak passes me though.

#27 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7796 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

I keep getting this message. The VPN is working fine, but the message popping up all the time is really annoying! I can't seem to disable the message, it always comes back.

Hello!

Do you mean that you get a 503 error more often than every 60 minutes? By the way, if you find it annoying, go to "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" and in the "Servers list update every" combo box select "Never". Remember to set it back to "Automatic" or "Every one hour" when you wish to update servers list (or remember to update it manually with the little button in the "Servers" tab).

Kind regards

#28 calyx239

calyx239

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:15 PM

Hello!

Do you mean that you get a 503 error more often than every 60 minutes? By the way, if you find it annoying, go to "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" and in the "Servers list update every" combo box select "Never". Remember to set it back to "Automatic" or "Every one hour" when you wish to update servers list (or remember to update it manually with the little button in the "Servers" tab).

Kind regards

I was getting it every couple of minutes like the person who started this thread. It seems to have stopped now. Thanks for the tip and good luck stopping the attack (b*****ds!).

#29 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7796 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

Hello!

Kind regards

I was getting it every couple of minutes like the person who started this thread. It seems to have stopped now. Thanks for the tip and good luck stopping the attack (b*****ds!).

Hello and thank you!

The attack seems completely under control since hours (fingers crossed).

Kind regards

#30 spaghettimonster

spaghettimonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

Still seeing server unavailable.Is the vpn connection safe while this is happening. I cant connect on linux just get restart every few seconds.I can connect  using windows. I suppose my question is- Is the vpn connection still secure even though it can't retrieve the server data. I assume yes but i honestly have no idea

I'm wondering the same thing.  I was connected before the attack started and have remained connected the entire time.  Just wondering if its safe to use if I want to download something.

#31 Karanga

Karanga

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:30 PM

Still getting the error. Same as before. 503 error reported every 5 minutes.

#32 waterfall

waterfall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

I am also still getting this, with a bouncing AirVPN blue cloud every 30 seconds or so in my dock on a Mac:

. 2015.03.20 14:47:50 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 2° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.)

. 2015.03.20 14:47:51 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 4° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.)
. 2015.03.20 14:47:51 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 5° try failed (Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused))
W 2015.03.20 14:47:51 - Cannot retrieve systems & servers data. Please retry later or contact us for help. (The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Temporarily Unavailable.)

It seems I am and have always been connected to AirVPN though. So, I am guessing I am still behind the AirVPN cloud-wall?

#33 Anonymous_13

Anonymous_13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

It's back again for me. Hopefully this can be finally solved.

#34 SontavaMe

SontavaMe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

Oh goodie. I have packages .. mor epackages from Amzaon. Maybe it's new pfSense router or a working AirVPN router. Ah, sarcasm .. no need for sarcasm old chap :) -Vance.

^

#35 slogy

slogy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

Issue still occurring to me ... the 503 error appears about every 5 minutes :(

#36 Kim1337

Kim1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:25 PM

nevermind.

#37 183aTr78f9o

183aTr78f9o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

Issue still occurring to me ... the 503 error appears about every 5 minutes :(

Same here, I have been connected to a server for a couple of hours without any problem but the pop up "Cannot retrieve systems & server data" keeps appearing since then, at least twice per minute. Sometimes error 503 is diplayed too, sometimes it is not.

#38 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7796 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:58 PM

Hello!

We have continued to work and you should now not get anymore the 503 error. Feel free of course to report any anomaly. We are still monitoring and we confirm that the situation was and is under control, although an apparently different problem arose, which has been anyway fixed in a matter of minutes.

EDIT: error 503 may still occasionally occur. You can safely ignore it.

Kind regards

#39 vpn4

vpn4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

I'm still getting the 503 error every few minutes and I have done for most of the day. I use the UK servers, same issue on all of them.

#40 183aTr78f9o

183aTr78f9o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

Hello!

We have continued to work and you should now not get anymore the 503 error. Feel free of course to report any anomaly. We are still monitoring and we confirm that the situation was and is under control, although an apparently different problem arose, which has been anyway fixed in a matter of minutes.

EDIT: error 503 may still occasionally occur. You can safely ignore it.

Kind regards

Thanks for keeping us informed. Indeed, I did not get any error in the last thirty minutes or so.