Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.55.137
vpnuserx

A site that identifies AirVPN as logging sensitive information

Hi,

I came across an article today that states AirVPN is not one of the most trustworthy VPNs out there, contrary to what many believe, as according to them, you log sensitive identifiable information including IP address.

I don't want to take this article at face value and I want to give you a chance to respond to the accusation and defend yourself so, please have a read over the linked article and respond.

http://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/07/08/is-your-vpn-legit-or-shit/

Sorry if this has been discussed. I could not find a related post.

Thank you.

Hello!

Yes, it has been discussed in the past. It is a well known defamatory article reporting false information. Note how the features of various VPN services are inserted as a picture, probably to avoid indexing by search engines. Perhaps it was written by some desperate competitor. :)

Kind regards

I would like to add something to this conversation. A couple of days ago the AirVPN staff made a forum post regarding a change of language in AirVPN's privacy policy. I'm sure many users would have not noticed at all had it not been mentioned. Still, AirVPN brought it to the attention of all users. I think you can have some trust in AirVPN.  

How are sites likes Deepdotweb supposed to know how trustworthy any given VPN provider is?
(They can't even get their facts* straight.)
On a scale of journalistic quality I'd even rank naïve-sensationalist TorrentFreak higher than Deepdotweb. In some way, I'm even happy that AirVPN won't get a lot of traffic from these places.

Again, kudos to AirVPN for not participating in advertisement campaigns on such sites. Not finding any bullshit marketing or "sponsored" reviews was one of the main reasons that I ended up here.

* When judging trustworthiness of VPN providers, you don't deal with facts. This is all you have available:
- unverifiable claims by the provider
- the provider's track record, history, milieu and behavior
With this limited set of information, you draw your conclusions. Which don't quite fit into a spreadsheet.

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0

Hey Im new to AirVPN...

I just found a Website that says AirVPN loggs users IP Adresses (such as Steganos does)..

http://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/07/08/is-your-vpn-legit-or-shit/

Another German Website does say the same..

is it true??

You posted the same link as the OP. Is there another link?

Worth mentioning:

Nearly half the providers in the "Privacy Focused VPN Providers" list from deepdotweb are in the US. Its a Sad Sad Sad list. And I mean the company's themselves are in the US.  = worthless if you care about privacy.

* When judging trustworthiness of VPN providers, you don't deal with facts. This is all you have available:

- unverifiable claims by the provider

- the provider's track record, history, milieu and behavior

With this limited set of information, you draw your conclusions. Which don't quite fit into a spreadsheet.

This ^^

Frankly people that write vpn articles and such really need to go to the data centers and physically look at the box's. Without doing that the entire article becomes moot.

-I should start writing articles about the designer socks Scarlett Johansson is wearing. Even though I have no way to find out that information, know nothing about designer socks and don't have a foot fetish. But hey why not right!

At a bare minimum writers of such articles should at least have some understanding of the logging requirements in various countries. ->Who in their right minds would recommend a US based vpn provider ffs. For that reason alone the entire article should go in the scrap bin.