Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.62.119
Sign in to follow this  
99zeros

Bitwise

Greetings!

I am a new subscriber and having difficulty with port forwarding. I did try searching the forum.

I am trying to set up BitWise which uses port 4137 TCP/UDP

When I try to open this port from the web interface or from the client I receive the message "Already Reserved". I currently do not have any port forwarding set up.

Suggestions?

Thanks

99zeros wrote:

Greetings!

I am a new subscriber and having difficulty with port forwarding. I did try searching the forum.

I am trying to set up BitWise which uses port 4137 TCP/UDP

When I try to open this port from the web interface or from the client I receive the message "Already Reserved". I currently do not have any port forwarding set up.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Hello!

The port was already reserved to another account. There can't be two or more accounts forwarding the same port. Unfortunately, we are aware that BitWise does not allow to change the port. Anyway, that account was a trial one, so we are going now to free the port and forward it to your account.

On a side note, if you use BitWise for private IM, please be aware that in its free version it does not provide effective protection. It's not open source, it has a low level encryption (Blowfish 128 bit, RSA 512 bit), there's no proper method to validate your contacts and the key is not generated and owned by you. If this is your case, you should consider to upgrade to BitWise Plus/Professional.

A much better solution for secure IM (but not for voice calls), which is also free and open source and widely interoperable with so many IM services, is Pidgin+OTR. http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards