#141 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2674 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

I answered with a link to your post in that forum. I hope you don't mind ;)

Sorry, what link? :D

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#142 pr1v

pr1v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:13 PM

Read my last post in this thread and follow the link I posted to the last answer.

I answered with a link to your post in that forum. I hope you don't mind ;)

Sorry, what link? :D

#143 pr1v

pr1v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

More details about what I posted, this time from Fastmail:

https://blog.fastmail.com/2017/08/02/fastmail-apps-and-signup-available-in-germany-again/

Wow, they really panicked over in Australia, didn't they? :D It's §6 TKG as noted in the linked article. Posteo needed to do this as well.
If you are running a public commercial communications service in Germany you are needed to register with the Netzagentur and give them some data about your business. We are not talking about your data here, just some things like Commercial Registry Number, where your business is based, etc. Someone should tell FastMail that at no point of time they will be required to share user data or worse just because they registered with the BNA. I even think they don't have the authority to do so, and if they had, it would fail due to lack of competence. :D

#144 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2674 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

More details about what I posted, this time from Fastmail:

https://blog.fastmail.com/2017/08/02/fastmail-apps-and-signup-available-in-germany-again/

Wow, they really panicked over in Australia, didn't they? :D It's §6 TKG as noted in the linked article. Posteo needed to do this as well.
If you are running a public commercial communications service in Germany you are needed to register with the Netzagentur and give them some data about your business. We are not talking about your data here, just some things like Commercial Registry Number, where your business is based, etc. Someone should tell FastMail that at no point of time they will be required to share user data or worse just because they registered with the BNA. I even think they don't have the authority to do so, and if they had, it would fail due to lack of competence. :D

Basically what I wrote, although I'm not sure where I can find the "only if customers.germany>=100000" part in this law. Maybe it's somewhere else, IANAL :D

Still! They panicked. So the users panicked. This should not happen, ever.

Sent via Tapatalk. Means, I don't have a computer available now.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#145 pr1v

pr1v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

And what is this?: "you are not required to offer interception facilities..."

#146 N0iS3

N0iS3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:05 AM

protonmail.com

#147 lsat

lsat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

Among free email providers Privacytools recommends Tutanota, which was expelled from Privacy-Conscious Email Services list because of Trump scandal.

Disroot has the following options (according to reddit:

• Only Open Source software
  • 100% free, it lives with donations
  • Communication (mail) of changes in the infrastructure and eventually new services available
  • Rainloop as modern, mobile-friendly web UI for email management
  • Nextcloud 12 with many apps, so you can sync you contacts and calendars with calDAV and cardDAV and your files with webDAV or Nextcloud's apps. You can also sync your notes and RSS subscriptions (like Feedly).
  • Matrix and Riot for instant messaging, voIP and videocalls. Matrix is a federated service like email so you can contact people on other servers.
  • XMPP support
  • A forum based on the modern Discourse
  • Diaspora as social network
  • Everything is setup with just one account
  • Many other apps, like Taiga to organise with other people.

#148 De Facto Pantalones

De Facto Pantalones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

I'm running into problems using MS Outlook07 with a standard email provider.

What is this standard email provider? GMail?

Sorry Treiber!  I never saw this reply.  Thanks for taking the time to follow-up.  I understand if you are too busy to reply (it's been a minute).

An old att.net account I've had forever for use w/ work related stuff. I haven't had the problem in months (I'm mostly connecting w/ Eddie using SSL -would that help prevent bounce backs from black-list IPs?). 

A while back I had a huge problem contacting work related contacts who used Barracuda email servers (and Barracudea BL quite a few of our Air IPs)  Problem not raising its head much anymore... so maybe SSL helps a program like Outlook07?     

**Is Lavabit 2.0 worthwhile?  I've wondered about it (I respect Ladar lots).  Thanks! 

#149 juhi

juhi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

hotmail + gmail

#150 lsat

lsat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:20 AM

posteo drawback:

I have been using posteo.de for several years so far, and it seems to be OK.

But now I found out that there is no way of deleting spam already appeared in your posteo email account without entering the spam email itself:

1) their filters don't work backwards. So you can only ban persistent spammer from sending you new emails. It's far from been safe and sound

2) there is no tick boxes to delete the email without opening it (like almost all secure providers have to boost the spammer base and to research the email bypassed the existing provider's filters)

So they trust ONLY   their own spam filter settings, ignore spam, found  by users.

NEVER  expose your posteo account in publication ,etc. They cannot handle unexpected spam sources.

================================

I have protonmail account but in case of the necessity to increase the size of storage, one should pay on yearly basis . it is not convenient.

I found the alternative: https://scryptmail.com/ It seems promising.

#151 richardparker

richardparker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:28 AM

You guys must try Protonmail too.

#152 ironmikezero

ironmikezero

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:48 PM

+1 for Protonmail . . . although I also use gmail (sparingly) for certain business reasons.

#153 TToD.VPN

TToD.VPN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

I have been using hotmail and gmail. I'm also a new VPN user (only a couple of days)

But I'm thinking these e-mail services may be useless with VPN; as when a change occurs for what they perceive as my location (because my VPN location changes) they flag it as unusual activity and want codes sent to verify I'm the one using it. And as I use pop3 or imap to access the services I don't see these warnings until after they have locked my accounts and I try to login via the web interface. I originally came into the forum to ask about alternative e-mail providers and I found this thread so thanks for all the provider lists here :-)

I have also loaded AirVPN onto my NAS which has mail server software so I was thinking about using that for the majority of my e-mail.

#154 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1934 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

Hello!

I don't think it has been mentioned, so I thought it would be relevant to point out that AirVPN doesn't require the use of a valid e-mail account in order to sign up. :)

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 13761 - BW: 44466 Mbit/sYour IP: 54.205.211.87Guest Access.