2 replies to this topic

#1 zimwebob

zimwebob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

Greetings,

I am attempting to forward a port through the client interface on the website to use for P2P. I choose TCP/UDP and a port, which was available, and it says it is forwarded. However, when I hit the button to "Check" the little light stays grey and says "Not reachable on server IP over the external port XXXXX, tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out - Checked 0 seconds ago".

I am connected to AirVPN at the time.

I tried disabling Windows Firewall, which I can't imagine has anything to do with it, and also the SIP firewall on my router. Also have it set to open. Doesn't make a difference.

I am also getting messages in Vuse that I am firewalled, even though I have set the static inbound port properly to what I forwarded on the website.

Something clearly isn't happening but I am at a loss.

#2 zimwebob

zimwebob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:18 PM

Just an update: Running a speed test on any connected AirVPN server through the client page interface shows In-Tunnel Speed: 0 - error - as well. :(

#3 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2520 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:06 AM

Are you sure your P2P software is running and using the forwarded port?

Running a speed test on any connected AirVPN server through the client page interface shows In-Tunnel Speed: 0 - error - as well.

If you're using NoScript, disable ABE or the whole add-on.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs is the proper way to heaven.
Same issues are rare! Search for solutions and if not successful open your own threads.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~