2 replies to this topic

#1 zimwebob

zimwebob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

Greetings,

I am attempting to forward a port through the client interface on the website to use for P2P. I choose TCP/UDP and a port, which was available, and it says it is forwarded. However, when I hit the button to "Check" the little light stays grey and says "Not reachable on server IP over the external port XXXXX, tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out - Checked 0 seconds ago".

I am connected to AirVPN at the time.

I tried disabling Windows Firewall, which I can't imagine has anything to do with it, and also the SIP firewall on my router. Also have it set to open. Doesn't make a difference.

I am also getting messages in Vuse that I am firewalled, even though I have set the static inbound port properly to what I forwarded on the website.

Something clearly isn't happening but I am at a loss.

#2 zimwebob

zimwebob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:18 PM

Just an update: Running a speed test on any connected AirVPN server through the client page interface shows In-Tunnel Speed: 0 - error - as well. :(

#3 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:06 AM

Are you sure your P2P software is running and using the forwarded port?

Running a speed test on any connected AirVPN server through the client page interface shows In-Tunnel Speed: 0 - error - as well.

If you're using NoScript, disable ABE or the whole add-on.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)