Not connected, Your IP: 44.221.43.88

Hi,

Im using Airvpn via my Netgear wndr3700v2 (Gargoyle), and my max speed so far is about 8,5Mbit. I was hoping for a tad more, though

thats ok for surfing. 

So my question is, is there any easy way to find out the lowest latency / best speed, besides creating a configuration file for every single server,

copy the server adress and apply it to my router? 

Thanks for any hint.

Oh ok, so this is actually the ping from my browser? Good to know haha... anyway, figured out using the client (while temporary disabling vpn on the router) to check the best server is also a good way.

Oh ok, so this is actually the ping from my browser? Good to know haha... anyway, figured out using the client (while temporary disabling vpn on the router) to check the best server is also a good way.

Hello,

actually not, it is the total time needed by your browser to require via http a 1 byte file to the VPN server and receive it, but as a relative value it is good. And yes, using the client can be quicker (the client really pings).

Kind regards

Ah ok, im a noob. So 10Mbit, thats the limit for UPC here in Austria it seems... thats nearly 1/10 of what my isp provides. Should be enough for surfing, though... the only problem is the hassle of turning it on and off on the router. 

If your router is using openvpn client there will be a max speed it can operate. The cpu of your router is 680mhz I believe. I bought the Asus ac56u which has an 800 dual cpu which I then over clocked to 1000mhz. I am now able to get my full ISP bandwidth of 30/10 using tomato openvpn client on the router.

I'm quite new to this

So in short when I'm choosing the best/fastest server am I best choosing one with a longer blue bar or shorter one

Thanks

The view I get with my iPad doesn't use stars it uses like a blue progress bar.

I can see the Mbit/s per second, is that how long a ping would take?

Therefore the less Mbit/s per second the faster the server