Not connected, Your IP: 54.159.186.146
Anonymous_13

[Requests] Australian server

Australia server  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Australia server?

• Yes
    • No

I would like to request a server location in Australia. I've seen not many providers offering a server in australia and IF they do, it's bandwith limited. So I don't expect Airvpn getting a server soon down there.

Why australia? It might give you early access on several things for example live streams that unlocks at a specific time or game releases on Steam. So personally I have no problems if it's bandwith limited. Because I would use it for getting early access only.

What about others? Are you interest in this as well?

Yes - but have you noticed the privacy unfriendly stance of the Australian government? They are actively building the surveillance state. Australia is one of the worst places in the so called developed world in this sense. The chances of getting an Australian server are on a par with the proverbial snowflake's in hell, I suspect.

China isn't known to welcome privacy as well and Airvpn has servers there. I have no doubt that the possibility is given to get a valid server in Australia instead its all about whether its worth it.

China isn't known to welcome privacy as well and Airvpn has servers there. I have no doubt that the possibility is given to get a valid server in Australia instead its all about whether its worth it.

Airvpn has server in Hong Kong, NOT mainland China. Hong Kong and mainland China are NOT the same. It is totally different case.

Mainland China is actively control of speech, control news, internet filtering through "Great Firewall of China", block most vpn traffic, block many western popular websites etc. All these doesn't apply to Hong Kong and most HK ISP doesn't keep logs.

Anyway I vote Yes. More is better if possible.

Maybe somewhere close to Aus?

What's the line speed like in New Guinea or NZ?

It would be great to have a AU server but with the new ridiculous laws introduced recently basically giving ASIO (Aust's NSA equivalent) unlimited powers to do whatever they want this would be a bad idea to use it for anything privacy related.  For early releases no issue tho.

Staff liked a post from Mr. Zaroad in which he posted a picture showing an australian ping server on the details page.

Congratulations, warriors, an Australian server is very likely on its way here!

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I noticed the "New content" button was returning "Error 404" inside an Air HTML page. Tried "Status" button, and all looked okay. Checked Eddie "Servers" - ditto. Was a bit busy so no further checks, was early AM UTC so guessed someone would fix after breakfast in Europe. Then later the Treiberschreiber 02 April 2015 - 07:23 PM appeared in the "New content", but remainder of content appeared normal.

Weird. Test run data cached somewhere ?

Edit 23:49 UTC

But notice "New content" says "4325 views" for this thread at the moment, which seems unlikely.

So something wrong in the forum database ?

Most likely would be a server in Hong Kong where @ web traffic level all data routes through Australia, similar to Canadian servers that route through US.

Just FYI, no data to and from HK goes via Australia.

In fact, Australia seems to be still "behind" all western world, and no traffic will ever transit there. Thank Telstra/Bigpond for this.

This is one of the reasons why a pure AU 1Gbit server is currently impossible. Not with those prices.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Internet is a quite complex mess in Australia, too complicated and tiresome  to explain, partly blame old vested interests such as Telstra with politicised point scoring and sabotage between political parties.

The Air servers in SG or HK are okay for my activities, but even cable routing is not simple.

At present with midnight local times, for SG servers, Eddie says ping times are:

Reticulum 133ms, Antares 170ms, Hydra 308ms, Auriga 371ms.

Reticulum and Antares are routed via Perth and direct cable to SG.

Hydra in SG m247 datacentre is routed via Los Angeles.

But this varies, sometimes my ISP, which uses Vocus for international links, has me routed to SG via Japan because they buy capacity from NTT.

There is a big new cable for Perth to SG which should help keep decent links to Air SG servers in the datacentre hosting Antares and Reticulum.

https://www.vocus.com.au/our-network/australia-singapore-cable

I am currently using Hydra, and cannot reconnect to give more info without maybe losing these comments.

So I sympathise with Air that the AU scene is all too hard and unsatisfactory to bother with.

Hello!

I think this thread has run its course and is quite old, but will keep popping up each time someone answers the poll.

Naturally, most users want more locations, but as outlined in this thread by the community and elsewhere by Air, there's many requirements Australia must pass.

While there's no known public plans for Australia to be added to the lists, it's worth remembering that another location desired by many, Japan, wasn't possible only a few short years ago, but now is.

Locked.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.