Not connected, Your IP: 18.227.161.132
Sign in to follow this  
macmohr

Connection Issues China

I'm having problems keeping a steady connection over AirVpn to any servers. It seems to go great for about 30 seconds and i get great speed however, it then slows down and basically disconnects. IT's making it nearly impossible to use my internet here. Is anyone else having this issue and is there any way to fix this?

Hello!

Our service is based on OpenVPN and OpenVPN connections are disrupted in most China residential lines. This is possible because OpenVPN packets headers (not payload, which are of course encrypted) have some additional information for packet re-ordering that make them discernible (with DPI) from pure TLS/SSL connections.

In order to bypass the block, OpenVPN over SSL is necessary. The first SSL tunnel encrypts the OpenVPN "fingerprint" to make it not detectable. The method has been tested as successful since more than a year ago from various China areas, including Shanghai and Beijing.

OpenVPN over SSL is available for Linux, Windows and OS X Mavericks only. It is not working on Android and iOS for limitations of the openvpn app. Anyway, many mobile networks in China do not block OpenVPN, so this is a relatively minor problem.

Our client Eddie (for Linux, OS X and Windows) implements OpenVPN over SSL, that can be activated with a click. All of our VPN servers accept this connection mode. In Eddie, go to "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Protocol". Select "SSL Tunnel - Port 443", click "Save" and finally connect to a server.

Kind regards