Not connected, Your IP: 3.89.56.228
PowerSoul

Problem connecting from Android tablet

Recently I've been having problems connecting to AirVPN from my Nexus 7 Android tablet (4.4.4). OpenVPN (1.1.14) attempts to connect, but eventually times out.

I'm using profile AirVPN_United-States_UDP-443. This profile has worked fine in the past on this tablet, and I'm not aware of anything on the tablet that has changed which would impact its ability to connect. (The tablet frequently downloads app updates and the like, so who knows...)

I don't have an easy way to copy large chunks of the OpenVPN log from the tablet, but I'm guessing the relevant lines are:

error rendering cert

Session invalidated: KEV_NEGOTIATE_ERROR

Any suggestions for how to get the connection to work?

Would you mind trying to connect with OpenVPN for Android?

I don't have an easy way to copy large chunks of the OpenVPN log from the tablet

The app above solves this issue.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I downloaded and installed the OpenVPN for Android app, and the tablet connected fine using the same AirVPN profile. I figured that the problem must have been something wrong with the OpenVPN Connect app that I had been using, except that when I went back and tried that one again, it worked! (I had been unable to connect to AirVPN with the tablet for the last two days.)

So I'm not sure what happened, but now I can connect OK using either app. I'll post a log file if the connection problem re-occurs. Thanks.