80 replies to this topic

#21 refresh

refresh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

Can also confirm this is happening every day.

Not on all websites but I would say 3-4 times out of 10.

I was going from grey hairs to white hairs to no hairs.

So what is the general fix connect to a non european server then ?

#22 rickjames

rickjames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

@ Staff So you need to allow cookies from the first party and it won't happen or am i wrong?I don't get them anymore and the only changes im aware of doing are allowing cookies from sites i visit (no third party)I haven't seen any in a month though

If cookies fix the issue for you and you're a firefox user there's a tiny addon called 'cookie toggle'.

It puts a little button up next to your address bar that when pressed enables cookies with the no 3rd party option. Clicking it again disables cookies.

This sounds like its some sort of poorly setup bot detection script Cloudflare is running.

#23 McLoEa

McLoEa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Let's hope Cloudflare get their act sorted out then because this is a pita.

#24 refresh

refresh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

Just tried several Amsterdam servers on Air and all the same issue pretty much makes surfing a terrible experience.

Same Captchas page arrive even on herculis server so is not limited by country but it appears anything close by too.

Soon as I try a UK or Canada or US server its fine websites work as normal and no captchas required to enter.

If anyone is wondering what this captcha thing is it looks like this:

http://s10.postimg.org/fy6nt0y09/Captcha.jpg

You can replicate the same fault by connecting to any amsterdam air server and trying this website:

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/

Happens on many websites and you are forced to enter in the shown text this happens each time you visit the site and the terrible thing about it is the captchas are not clear and very hard to work out !

For a quick fix you can of course connect to any other server.

#25 ZPKZ

ZPKZ

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:53 AM

Been on syrma (NL) the last week or so. No cloudfare capchas anywhere

#26 mage1982

mage1982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

Saw this for the first time yesterday when I went to a forum that uses Cloudflare.

Canopus is another Dutch server that seems to work, for now.

#27 Anonymous_13

Anonymous_13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

Problem seems to be solved, at least the server in Switzerland works fine. No more annoying cloudflare captchas so far.

#28 strideram

strideram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

I started having seeing the captcha yesterday on Castor. I swiched to the Asian servers and they work fine.

#29 encrypted

encrypted

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:35 PM

I started seeing those captchas last week through various european servers when hunting for the odd match streams and besides being annoying they didn't go away when browsing in incognito mode.

#30 antonberta

antonberta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

The cloudflare captcha problem has become a REAL SHOWSTOPPER for me now.

i am SICK of getting all those damned captchas instead of the pages i want to read.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: AirVPN-Staff: Solve this problem with this fu....ing cloudflare sh...t.

#31 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7792 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

i am SICK of getting all those damned captchas instead of the pages i want to read.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: AirVPN-Staff: Solve this problem with this fu....ing cloudflare sh...t.

Hello!

Do you mean that we should solve a problem that's occurring in another platform and servers completely out of our control? What should we do?

Kind regards

#32 antonberta

antonberta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

Hello!

Do you mean that we should solve a problem that's occurring in another platform and servers completely out of our control? What should we do?

Kind regards

Whow! I didn't think my somewhat "harsh" post would come through here ;-)

I am aware that the problem lies on cloudflare's side here. but it affects all your customers that are using european air-vpn servers, so i naively assumed you guys are trying to talk to cloudflare to find out whats going on?

For me it seems, cloudflare is using the "spams and hacks from european air-vpn server ip-s" as excuse to ban all VPN usage from theses servers, whereas American or Asian or GB Servers aren't affected (for now at least). Now everyone can draw his own conclusions out of that facts...

Apart from that captcha stuff i have to say that air-vpn is a great service, and i sincerely hope it will continue to be this way, in spite of some rouge attempts of third-party interests to intervene;-)

To put an end to this debate, it would be nice to here some official word from air-vpn, if there is something that can be done to prevent these problems, or if we have to live with it, as is.

Thank you guys :-)

#33 NaDre

NaDre

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

I normally just use AirVPN for torrenting or access to BBC iPlayer, and so am not really affected here. But I wonder if the servers being blocked are by any chance on the list of Tor exit nodes, due to someone running a Tor exit node thru them? See this post:

https://airvpn.org/topic/12340-stop-running-tor-servers-behind-airvpn/

#34 Anonymous_13

Anonymous_13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

Now they appear again (Switzerland server) -.- Stupid cloudflare is used by so many websites I'm browsing and everytime I need to enter a captcha, sucks.

#35 refresh

refresh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

Not seen this issue on the usual servers in netherlands I connect to lately, past 2 weeks been solid and the website which i have bookmarked and linked earlier which always triggered off cathphas are now no longer appearing.

Maybe they moved to the swedes !

#36 McLoEa

McLoEa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

I installed and started using AirVPN on a second machine here and I'm getting the Captchas again from all the Dutch servers on that new machine  but I don't seem to get any from the other machine that's been running the client for a while now.

I can't understand why that would happen,maybe it's a coincidence with the servers that Eddie chooses.

#37 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

but it affects all your customers

Wrong. I never faced this issue. :D

And I'm using Menkib, DE.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#38 Annonnymous

Annonnymous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

Same problem different German Servers. I know it is hardly possible to fix it entirely but wouldn't it be possible to just provide them with a list of ip adresses they can white list? I mean every IP Adress used by Leaseweb is already available so there is really no point in hiding them.

#39 M0UL

M0UL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

i have that problem also on the dutch servers

#40 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

Today I witnessed this "problem", too. I don't know about you, but I needed to enter a three digit number only. One second, even less. As long as it keeps asking for three digit numbers, well, I don't see the problem.
If CloudFlare asks for two hard-to-read words then this is a problem, indeed.

(Sent via Tapatalk 4)

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)