Not connected, Your IP: 54.146.154.243

My client (v. 2.3) goes through unending connect/disconnect cycles when trying to connect to Persei.  It has been unusable for about 10 days.  I have been able to connect to and use Heze as well as several other servers in Chicago and Manassas.  But since I live in California and I have 2 machines using the same account, need to use both of the servers in Freemont.

Also, both in the web page and the client tool, no latency is ever calculated as it is for all other servers.  See enclosed screen shots.

Hello!

We do not detect any problem either on Persei or Heze for connections (but we detected a stats problem in Heze which has been now fixed), can you please publish the Eddie client logs taken after the problem has just occurred? The fact that Persei latency is not displayed on your client makes us think that Persei is not reachable from your node.

Kind regards

I don't know what the Eddie Client is.  But I enclosed a log from AirVPN v2.3 client.

My AirVPN client is now cycling through connecting and disconnecting continuously to Pavonis.  I can see the latency number for Pavonis, so the symptoms are similar, but not identical to the cycling connections to Persei.

AirVPN log 2014-08-08.txt

Hello,

Eddie is the code-name of the Air client 2.x.

There are several problems with the tun/tap adapter driver and with OpenVPN itself. Please uninstall OpenVPN completely and re-install it making sure that you do not mismatch versions (for example, one of the reported errors might be caused by a 64 bit version running on a 32 bit system).

Do the same with Eddie please.

Kind regards

OK, I uninstalled AirVPN, OpenVPN, and Win64OpenSSL. I reinstalled airvpn_windows_x64_installer.exe, and nothing else.

Why is it working without installing OpenVPN?

Again, I can connect to almost all servers except persei.  See enclosed jpeg.

OK, after rebooting, Persei appears in the AirVPN client list with a latency number.  I can now connect to it successfully.  I still don't understand why OpenVPN did not need installing.  But, everything is working as expected.  Thank you for your attention and assistance!

OK, after rebooting, Persei appears in the AirVPN client list with a latency number.  I can now connect to it successfully.  I still don't understand why OpenVPN did not need installing.  But, everything is working as expected.  Thank you for your attention and assistance!

Hello!

Actually, the mandatory installation on a system is the driver for the tun/tap interface (the virtual network card used by OpenVPN), with the exception of OS X Mavericks which implements a tun interface by default. Maybe you're running Eddie portable version?

About Persei, it seems a problem that was related either to your node or your ISP, because we did not detect any problem on Persei, clients could connect successfully as usual and we did not change anything substantial in the last days (except for an upgrade of openssl and libssl). Glad to hear that it's solved anyway.

Kind regards