24 replies to this topic

#21 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7792 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

I have to put myself on the list as well - was on vacation for a few days and since my return no luck with torrent downloading (openbittorrent, istole.it, publicbt, demonii) on multiple US servers. Was working perfectly before. I have to specify though downloads do start at one - after a long wait - point in Transmission with DHT and PEX but not so on my Mediacenter which has a built in torrent client where I don't have controll over DHT and PEX.

Is there anything we can do to get this working again?

Hello,

try servers in Canada, the likelihood that trackers administrators block them is significantly lower than it is with USA servers.

Kind regards

#22 pleiteiro

pleiteiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:21 AM

After 12 months, and a fresh renewal, I am now no longer able to torrent from public trackers as well as TD whilst connected to airvpn.

If I disconnect from airvpn, all ok.

Using transmission on linux. What gives? Is there any new blocking of trackers that I could be made aware of?

#23 RidersoftheStorm

RidersoftheStorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationPellucidar

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:59 PM

Which servers are you trying to use?

I been reading complaints about the servers in the USA.

I am not familiar with Linux.

Could be network lock/firewall rules.

#24 go558a83nk

go558a83nk

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:02 PM

I'm using a linux VM and qbittorrent and torrents are working just fine in the USA.  doesn't matter what port I use.  I don't use uTP.

#25 Thalium

Thalium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:56 PM

I only scanned over the trackers you were using and know some of the ones you were using to be fine over airvpn.

It may be worth you keeping track of something like https://kat.cr/community/show/trackers-avoid-found-problem-tracker-post-it-here-list-added/ (Admin pls delete if not allowed)

On KAT is also a list of good trackers thread. (search forum user pringlescan)

I've never known *udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce* to have an issue on any vpn. Ofc you can't add that to a pre existing torrent but if creating your own it's a contender for top spot.

I would also disable local peer discovery in your torrent client.

I'm using transmission on Ubuntu/mint and have few issues, though I use European airvpn servers