Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.32.31
Craphead

Problem with growing svchost.exe process

Hi,

I have a pretty odd problem using AirVPN on Windows7, it seems always when I'm running my torrent client (uTorrent) over VPN an svchost.exe starts growing to an ungodly amount of RAM space, depending on how long the torrent client is running it can get way over 1GB. Things are getting really annoying when I want to shut down the VPN software or power off the computer, the svchost in question starts consuming all available CPU power so the system almost freezes. During this time it's practically imposssible to do anyhting. After a while, maybe something like 10 minutes, the process will finally go back to normal size and the CPU usage also goes back to normal. Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening and what can be done to avoid this?

Thanks in advance.

Had a similar problem with uTorrent. But it only occured when I added a new torrent which contained information about files bigger than 20 GB and started it, and only if I chose the option to preallocate space. CPU and HDD would be 100%, RAM would fill until DWM and most of the system services freezed. I turned off preallocation and everything was normal again.

Maybe turning off any antivirus or firewall softwares will solve this for you..

Anyway, I don't believe that this is an issue with OpenVPN..

(Sent via Tapatalk 4)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Well in my case it seems it doesn't have to do with memory preallocation and/or the torrent size. Right now, the svchost.exe is at about 800MB and growing. If AirVPN isn't running while torrenting then this doesn't happen.