Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.65.212
neex

registration / membership plan question

I have been using AirVPN on my home computer (Mac Mini) for several months now and have been exceedingly pleased.  I would like to start using it on my work laptop (MacBook Air).  As both my computers are Macs, I'm using Tunnelblick in OSX 10.9.3.

So, here's my stupid question:  Do I need to register a second username in order to purchase a membership plan for my MacBook Air, or can I just use my existing username?

I have been using AirVPN on my home computer (Mac Mini) for several months now and have been exceedingly pleased.  I would like to start using it on my work laptop (MacBook Air).  As both my computers are Macs, I'm using Tunnelblick in OSX 10.9.3.

So, here's my stupid question:  Do I need to register a second username in order to purchase a membership plan for my MacBook Air, or can I just use my existing username?

Hello!

You can use the very same account. Each account can connect from up to three devices simultaneously. Just make sure that each machine connects to a different VPN server in order to avoid conflicts.

If you don't need port forwarding, you can even connect multiple devices to the same VPN server, but in this case you must make sure to connect each device to a different port or protocol of the same server (for example, MacMini to port 443 UDP and MacBook to port 80 UDP). If you need port forwarding, on the contrary, you must connect each computer to a different VPN server.

Kind regards

You can use the very same account. Each account can connect from up to three devices simultaneously. Just make sure that each machine connects to a different VPN server in order to avoid conflicts.

If you don't need port forwarding, you can even connect multiple devices to the same VPN server, but in this case you must make sure to connect each device to a different port or protocol of the same server (for example, MacMini to port 443 UDP and MacBook to port 80 UDP). If you need port forwarding, on the contrary, you must connect each computer to a different VPN server.

Good deal!

Follow-up question #1: What if I only need port-forwarding for one computer?  Must I still connect each device to a different VPN server?  If not, is there a tutorial for setting up two devices to use the same server?

Follow-up question #2: In the not-too-distant future, I will want to connect up to five devices.  Just to confirm, I will need to register a new account at that point... right?

Thanks!

Good deal!

Follow-up question #1: What if I only need port-forwarding for one computer?  Must I still connect each device to a different VPN server?  If not, is there a tutorial for setting up two devices to use the same server?

Hello!

Yes.

Follow-up question #2: In the not-too-distant future, I will want to connect up to five devices.  Just to confirm, I will need to register a new account at that point... right?

Thanks!

Yes, you will need two accounts for up to 6 simultaneous connections.

Kind regards

sorry if this means less business dont mean to cost air the $ of a 2nd subscription just a suggestion

many of us use a router or a pc with software like pfsense to simply put multiple devices on the vpn, if you have the tech savvy you can do that.

many of us use a router or a pc with software like pfsense to simply put multiple devices on the vpn, if you have the tech savvy you can do that.

Thanks.  I thought about the router option, but it really wouldn't make much difference in my case-- 2 of my 3 currently connected devices are hardly ever behind that router...