Not connected, Your IP: 18.232.169.110
freeworld

Tier 1 Speed Tests (US Servers)

I want to start by staying I love airvpn, I have used airvpn for over a year.  I am happy with how well the service works and the price.  I have tried other services and I frequent torrentfreaks' VPN Provider Reviews (http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-services-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2014-edition-140315/3/ )

While i have not tried all of the providers on that list, i have hit several including Private Internet Access.  I am NOT a fan of PIA, their system uses some sort of proxy system, that for web browsing is probably fine, but if you run other applications, for instance certain MMOs, Tera, ESO, if you are able to connect at all u are plagued with disconnects.  While running a game on a VPN is not a good idea for latency reasons, I have often connected to several game servers forgetting I still had airvpn running and didnt even notice.

Additiontally I like the simplicty of airvpn's client, please dont change it, or if u do, let us keep using the current one.  It just works, and I am of the school of if it aint broke dont fix it.  Ofc if there is a necessary update, such as when heartbleed came out, then I am all for it.  

Additionally, i have done speed tests on several providers and often they dont work correctly, with other VPN providers, due to however they are set up.  I have almost always gotten my full speed internet connection over AirVPN.  100/10.

However, I wanted to trully test out what was possible to push through their servers.  Below are screen shots of speedtest results.  I did several tests and all tests were done from a tier one connection, from a Windows 2012 R2 Server, which wasn't running anything at the time.  

I also tested to Leaseweb's own speedtest server in Virgina for comparrsion of what maximum speed I was able to obtain to them.  

I only tested on airvpn servers that were under 25% load at the time and ran 5-15 tests and provided the median results.

Two different hosts where used for the testing one on East coast and one on the West coast for Freemont (Heze)

(There seemed to be a routing issue between my East coast and AirVPN West coast as latency was several hundred ms, and speedtest results were 5mb down and less than 1up.  However with west coast host this problem was solved and results were within expected ranges.)

I used a Comcast speedtest in VA, and Towerstream in NY for most tests for consistency. For Virgina, Flordia, and Chicago, Tests.

I tested other servers that were "local" to each site however, I found little difference in speed if any sometimes slower than using the Comcast, VA and Towerstream, NY speedtest sites.

I think overall these results speak for themselves and they are GREAT. Some exceptions listed below. I will be posting additional results from other locations around the world that I have access to local top tier internet.

Top Tier Speed Test to Leaseweb Virgina, (AirVPN primary Hosting East Coast).

aevfc4.jpg

Andromedae Towerstream

2ez0caa.jpg

Electra Towerstream

j7q6f4.jpg

Kuma Towerstream

28qsl1.jpg

Librae Towerstream

5niy61.jpg

Sirius Towerstream

2bb80z.jpg

Alkaid (Chicago) Towerstream

s5cmsj.jpg

Pollux (Florida) Comcast VA (Slower than expected despite very low load 7%, results for servers in Florida were worse)

bi2f5v.jpg

Top Tier West Coast General Test

2e58401.jpg

Heze (California) to MonkeyBrains (San Fracisco, CA)
3357c0p.jpg

[Disclaimer,  lots of factors can effect internet speed, these tests are just a sample/snapshot at that time.]

I will be doing a sampling or Euro Servers in my next post.