Not connected, Your IP: 34.207.178.236
psikey

Access issue on port 443 from local host

Apologies in advance as I'm not an IT expert and likely misunderstanding something basic here, but hoping someone can enlighten me.

I have my network constantly connected through AirVPN Nunki server and have a couple of port forwards setup. The https port 443 points to a device on my network for remote access but I have it locked down so only specified IP addresses can connect and the device shows any other attempts in the logs.

I leave this device on 24/7 and when I'm not accessing I keep getting the following for 95.211.138.143 which lookup shows as an AirVPN server in US.

2014/06/03 9:33:30  System  127.0.0.1  localhost   [security] Access Violation from 95.211.138.143 with TCP (port=443)

Had same message at 10:16; 19:00 yesterday and 04:06 this morning.

PC's on my local IP range are allowed to connect plus 3 external IP addresses. My understanding is 127.0.0.1 is local to me but why is it showing attempted access from

Appreciate any useful feedback.

Just done a little test by checking my AirVPN port forward on the AirVPN webpage for 443 and it created an access violation log in my device (most likely because it is not an allowed IP to connect), but does the AirVPN system do its own port forward tests throughout the day which explains why these show up? Should I add the 95.211.138.143 address or just accept I will get these automated test access warnings?

PS . I can connect OK from my allowed IP's even though the port forward test on the AirVPN webpage never returns the green OK when I do the test again likely to be because 95.211.138.143 not allowed.

Check your in-tunnel IP address (10.4.x.x) and try to add it to the whitelist.

Note that it's a guess. Try it out.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

No, still get access violation if I add the 10.4.x.x IP. Only if I add 95.211.138.143 works, but is it wise to add it to my access list or better to just accept the violation logs? Another 3 auto one logged since yesterday.

If it doesn't disconnect you (= if it's just a warning) it's okay, I think. Do those warnings hit your download or upload performance?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

No, other than the warning log it doesn't affect anything.... I just don't like unresolved warnings  I will just have to live with it.