#1 strideram

strideram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

Hi,

Just started with AirVPN. The VPN I am currently subscribed to, its term is ending this month. AirVPN looks really good. Considering switching to it when the current tem ends.

Btw, off topic, it wasn't easy figuring out that there is a beta Eddie client for Windows. The `Enter` page links to the old 1.92 client. The 2.1 client is way way way better than the 1.92 client. The 1.92 client was a huge shock :)

Anyway, getting to the topic, I didn't see any settings for auto-update in the Windows client. Is this built-in? When you release 2.2 or whichever is the next version, will I be notified automatically or do I need to keep following this forum?

Regards,

Amith

#2 GMPSQ

GMPSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

I am 99% sure that there is no auto-update functionality with the version 2.1 client. You will probably have to keep up with the forum in order to hear about any future relases

#3 LBDude

LBDude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

I follow AirVPN on Twitter.  They announce Eddie updates, new servers, maintenance etc.   I check in with Twitter more frequently than signing on to the AirVPN site, so this works well for me.

#4 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2510 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

When you release 2.2 or whichever is the next version, will I be notified automatically or do I need to keep following this forum?

If you are using RSS, subscribing to the AirVPN Announcements feed might be a good idea. Additionally, if you want to keep track of new posts, subscribing to the AirVPN Forums feed is a good idea, too.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs is the proper way to heaven.
Same issues are rare! Search for solutions and if not successful open your own threads.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

#5 strideram

strideram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

@gigan3rd thanks, added them to feedly :)