Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.204.208
Sign in to follow this  
Mulsiphix

Comodo 7: Blocking All Applications Except Those I Specify?

While using AirVPN I only want a single application (my browser) to have access to the internet. Should any other internet related application startup I do not want it to connect to the internet. Is there a way to block all applications except those I specify should have access?

Hello,

apparently you might follow two methods: whitelisting (you block everything and you allow only the browser) or blacklisting (you block all the applications that you want).

In reality, whitelisting might be harder: there are system processes that must be able to reach the VPN server (for example svchost.exe, ping.exe...). We do not know unfortunately the complete list of Windows system processes which must be enabled.

In general, if you connect to VPN servers ports 53, 80 or 443, in order to block an application only in the VPN, but leaving it able to communicate outside the VPN, you just need to block, for that application, outgoing packets coming from IP in range [10.4.0.1 - 10.9.255.254], any protocol.

Kind regards