Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.248.47
leperwdup

Constant Disconnect when using p2p

I have a couple of problems, but the main one being that when I have my torrents going through utorrent my connection through the vpn will reach 10mbps and then drop back down to 0 mbps over and over and over again in 2-6 second intervals. I have tried multiple servers and this does not seem to fix the problem. Also it does not generate anything in the logs that I can see as it does not actually disconnect it just slows all the way down to 0kb/s and spikes instantly back up. I have everything setup correctly with port forwarding for utorrent, as well as the specified settings that are recommend. Now there are several different scenarios that cause this problem which include;

When I have my utorrent download speed not limited to 600 kb/s or lower. Better worded as when I have my utorrent download speed capped at 600 kb/s in the program then the connection holds stable. This does not "always" work but seems to be fairly consistent way to solve the problem, but that means I am getting <50% of my line speed.

When I both usernet downloads going as well as my utorrent at any speed, will cause my connection through the vpn to slow down to sub 100kb/s and cause massive instability problems and spikes from 100 kb/s to 0 kb/s. This is a massive pain as I almost always have torrent going 24/7 and I also have nzbdrone setup to automatically download the family's tv shows as they come out (about 5 or so a day), which slows down the connection so much that it takes 3-4 hours per 300mb tv show to download while I have utorrent open. Sabnzbd will download at full connection speed if it is downloading on its own through the vpn.

I have tried different ports, as well as reinstalled. On top of this I have used both tcp and udp and the problem is the exact same. Constant spikes in speed and drops down to 0 kb/s. 

Peak D/L speed without the vpn 1.3 mb/s

Operating System - Windows 8.1 (I have fixed any and all dns leaks)

Router - Bipac 7800N

Computer - New and Fast

Also my ISP has zero torrent shaping or care about p2p. So I highly doubt it is them.

I have not been able to find anything on any forums regarding a similar problem to this and any help to solve this would be great. Because if I can fix this problem I will be signing up for a year.

Thanks in advance

When I have my utorrent download speed not limited to 600 kb/s or lower. Better worded as when I have my utorrent download speed capped at 600 kb/s in the program then the connection holds stable. This does not "always" work but seems to be fairly consistent way to solve the problem, but that means I am getting <50% of my line speed.

I'm having the same thing. If I don't set a limit the download speed will jump from max to 70-80% and back. I fix it by just setting the maximum speed to the maximum speed of my internet connection and things work smoothly. Try the same thing and report, please.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Do you mean setting the dowload limit in utorrent ? Cause I have already tryed this to fix the problem, and if I set it at 600 kb/s then the connection stays stable. This speed is <50% of what my actual line speed can get without the vpn. At any point I move the limit to a higher value then the connection will become very unstable and my netgraph looks like this picture. Once this starts to happen the only way to fix the problem again is to stop any torrent downloads, disconnect from the server and reconnect. Or alternatively cap the utorrent limit to 100kb/s and escalate it back up to 600 kb/s so it can stabilize.

On top of this there is also the problem of if I have a torrent going at any speed, does not matter whether it is 5kb/s or 500kb/s, if I also try to download on usenet then it also spikes the connection in a similar fashion. Although usenet on its own will max out my connection and I have no problems at all.

I have also found out with the setting "Apply rate limit to transport overhead" ticked in utorrent,  I am now able to raise the speed limit to 750 kb/s before the connection begins to spike out of control. 

So the problem is to do with utorrent. I have no idea what the actual problem is but when I use another client like tixati my connection is flawless. I can max out my connection as well as use usenet and torrents at the same time with no problem. I would mark as solved but if anyone has insight into why utorrent would be causing these problems that would be great, as that would be good to be able to actually fix the problem rather then just do a workaround for it.

Thanks

but when I use another client like tixati my connection is flawless

Haha, same thing over here <3

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.