Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.84.155
Sign in to follow this  
etsandy

Port Forwarding Problems

Hello,

Im currently running OpenVPN on Debian 6.0 connecting to GB range Servers. I connect with no problems and get a excellent D/L speed. However I have tried to set up the port forwarding feature to no avail. I have disabled the FW on my server to rule out any FW misconfigurations, so I know its not that. But when I do a port test it returns:

Not reachable on server IP over the external port (hidden), tcp protocol. Error : 111 - Connection refused

I have this port configured to receive on a rtorrent client. I have not configured my router in any way and have no forwarded any ports on there and it has a standard NAT setup. Can anyone shine any light on where I may be going wrong?

Many Thanks. 

Hello!

Error 111 suggests that the packets are actively refused. Anyway, please consider that the test is performed in TCP only. Therefore, if rtorrent expects UDP packets the test will always "fail". Is rtorrent able to receive incoming connections while "torrenting"?

Kind regards