Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.202.167
jsanon

One PC can visit sites the other can't ...

Hi, i'm running two PCs, i use one during the day for work and the other is on all the time to download torrents.

My work PC is at the top of the house, connected to a  Homeplug (broadband through your house wiring) which comes out downstairs via the other Homeplug and then into a 100Mbps ethernet port on the router.

The torrent PC (a Zotac Zbox) ic connected directly to the router via its only Gigabit ethernet port.

Most of the time either PC can connect to torrent sites via AirVPN, but sometimes (intermittently) i get the message :

Error - Site Blocked.

I've posted about this elsewhere on the forum and the only thing i can think is that the datacentres AirVPN is using block torrent traffic when they're busy, because it happens whichever exit node i connect to.

What this post is about is the fact that, sometimes, when the downstairs PC gets the blocked message, if i disconnect the AirVPN client and then connect from the upstairs PC i can connect to the torrent sites.

I don't know much about VPN technology, how is it that one PC gets blocked while the other one doesn't ?

Any help greatly appreciated,

JS.