Not connected, Your IP: 18.232.169.110
63b4592d

A full fledged AirVPN client will make this perfect

The lack of a proper Windows client is puzzling. I am wondering if I should request a refund in 3 days or not because of this. I have used HidemyAss, PIA, Hotspot Shield, Spotflux and so on and I am sorry to say your Windows client is rudemetary compared to the rest. 

I want you to succeed. 

What features are you missing in AirVPN's client for Windows?

..all of them. As it stands, the client only allows you to choose a server and connect. If you're familiar with other OpenVPN GUIs and clients then you'd see there is a world of difference.

Tell us about the world of difference and name things you miss, please. A developer can't know what you miss if you say you'd miss "all of the features".

We don't know the differences, Mr. 65011.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Tell us about the world of difference and name things you miss, please. A developer can't know what you miss if you say you'd miss "all of the features".

We don't know the differences, Mr. 65011.

Logs, auto connect to preferred server on start, port forwarding, kill switch, dns leak protection, ability to separate a preference list for servers, quick server switching (ie rather than disconnecting, waiting for it to disconnect, and then selecting a server, you can just select another server and it will handle the disconnect/reconnect process automatically), graphical representation of time/traffic statistics over time, and so on.

While I won't go as far as my fellow AirVPN user as I have enjoyed the simplicity of the client, I will say that a couple options in particular would be greatly appreciated were they included. Namely:

• Single-click option to use OpenVPN over SSL
  • Single-click option to use OpenVPN over SSH
  • Auto-connect to prferred server on start (As mentioned by OP)
  • Quick server switching (As mentioned by OP)

With the Firewall guides that both AirVPN staff and a couple users have put up the issue of DNS leaks / a kill switch when not using the VPN can be established quite easily. The same can be said of port forwarding, which is fairly easy to do on the site. But a few advanced options like the ones above, especially for a VPN with the reputation for security and privacy that AirVPN has garnered, would be greatly appreciated.

Aren't logs already implemented in the client?

Auto connect is a good idea, though, as well as a more or less automated DNS leak protection. Kill switch, too.

Rest is comfort and somehow individual, therefore not so important.

Important is: AirVPN Staff should see this!

Lack of feature list starts with the client not automatically selecting the lowest ping server or showing the ping of each server and ability of test the ping from the server itself. 

All the rest of the above. 

Aren't logs already implemented in the client?

Auto connect is a good idea, though, as well as a more or less automated DNS leak protection. Kill switch, too.

Rest is comfort and somehow individual, therefore not so important.

Important is: AirVPN Staff should see this!

I'm really not too sure, I haven't used the client for a while now. However there are more things worth mentioning (such as being able to select alternative entry IP's when connecting etc). If you look at the config generator and then look at the client you'll see various discrepancies. Check out some other VPN clients, ie PIA's client, or some general clients such as Viscosity. 

What? How can you criticize something you're not even using right now?

(Well, I personally like SecurePoint most of all clients I tried out)

What? How can you criticize something you're not even using right now?

(Well, I personally like SecurePoint most of all clients I tried out)

I stopped using it and just started using a custom VPN script. Heck, I even made my own config file generator But if you notice, I didn't make this thread. I merely commented on what the client is missing in comparison to others. OP mentioned PIA, Spotflux, etc, and the features I mentioned (with the addition of features present in another OpenVPN gui I've tired: Viscosity) are the ones available in other clients but not available in AirVPN's client.

Just going to give my suggestions, because after seeing what other VPN service providers have to offer on their software clientside I feel that a new version of the current AirVPN client will

help attract more users and keep current subscribers.

-Updated GUI would be nice (but not critical)

-Ability to change servers without having to log out

-Ability to disconnect from a server without having to log out

-VPN Kill switch (a personal favorite feature - if the VPN client is disconnected from the server, all traffic is stopped automatically in order to prevent leakage)

-DNS Leak protection

I love Air and will stay either way, but after looking at a couple of reviews of other services and their clients, it's easy to feel a little jealous

Too true. Kill connection on VPN disconnection, auto-reconnect, and DNS Leak protection are offered on rivals and are badly lacking. You need a VPN connection you don't have to keep watching all the time in case it drops and you're in the plain.

Its not really difficult to simply use my manually created Linux connection, but a true client might be nice.  I still plan on securing my own dropped connection and related items.

I was with HideMyAss (hma.com) for a year and I have to agree it was great fun, allowing the client side GUI to switch between 400 servers (back then) every 5 seconds and perform other gymnastic flip-flops to confuse the potential privacy violators at my ISP, etc.

HOWEVER....please google "hma arrest" or other similar phrases. They responded to a court order when asked and turned in a member for some (fairly serious, that's true) crime, but they ARE NOT interested in providing log-free internet server protection! They actually come right out and say something to the effect of "anyone who expects to be log-free shielding from legal authorities for $10/month or less, needs to have their head examined" ........or something to that effect.

They're nice people on the staff and very tricky GUI like you said. But you have to wonder what EXACTLY you pay them for. It certainly isn't privacy!