Not connected, Your IP: 44.211.243.190
Sign in to follow this  
marktheshark69

AirVPN through Bitvise SSH client tunnel

I am currently on a very restricted network, and for my own reasons I have to VPN through an SSH tunnel that connects to a different part of my network. I am currently using the bitvise SSH client to do this. I have enabled proxy forwarding through the client on 127.0.0.1 and port 1080. Additionally I've changed the proxy settings on the airVPN client to socks, localhost, port 1080. When I try to connect to a server over UDP 443, it initially connects, then I immediately get a message from bitvise saying: 

16:40:08.336 The connection has been terminated because of a network failure or because the server failed to respond. [Error WSAETIMEDOUT]

The computer I am using is connected to another box using ICS, that box is the one actually connected to the network.

I know this seems like a very circuitous and unnecessary process, but It's the only way i can VPN out of my network due to the restrictions. I was previously using a router with a cloned mac address to connect to the network, however I had to switch to the ICS method I mentioned above.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.