Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.112.111
Sign in to follow this  
defcon

Cannot get AirVPN working with Ubuntu Network Manager

I have already installed network-manager-openvpn-gnome. So I click the network icon at the top right, go to VPN connections > Configure VPN. Then I click import and select the opvn file I downloaded from AirVPN, all of the settings then appear but the save button is greyed out. I have tried most of the opvn files listed and the save button is greyed out for every one. I have tried to get this working for several hours now, what is wrong?

Hello!

Maybe you have missed an important point in the instructions. Can you please make sure that in the Configuration Generator you select "Advanced Options" and tick "Separate certs/keys from .ovpn file"? This is important with network-manager with OpenVPN plugin, because it does not support embedded .ovpn files.

Kind regards

Ha! It doesn't say anything in the instructions about having to use that advanced option. I have been downloading the ZIP files many many times wondering why it contains no user.key; and trying to find it elsewhere on your site. It shouldn't really be hidden away in the advanced options; I assumed this was all redundant connection modes when I briefly flicked through it.

Hello!

Maybe you have missed an important point in the instructions. Can you please make sure that in the Configuration Generator you select "Advanced Options" and tick "Separate certs/keys from .ovpn file"? This is important with network-manager with OpenVPN plugin, because it does not support embedded .ovpn files.

Kind regards

Ha! It doesn't say anything in the instructions about having to use that advanced option. I have been downloading the ZIP files many many times wondering why it contains no user.key; and trying to find it elsewhere on your site. It shouldn't really be hidden away in the advanced options; I assumed this was all redundant connection modes when I briefly flicked through it.

Hello!

Please click "Enter" from the upper menu of the web site, then click on the Linux icon, and read the 3rd and 4th point of the bulleted list. We can read:

• Select "Advanced Options"
  • Tick "Separate certs/keys from .ovpn files"

Kind regards

Hello!

Please click "Enter" from the upper menu of the web site, then click on the Linux icon, and read the 3rd and 4th point of the bulleted list. We can read:

• Select "Advanced Options"
  • Tick "Separate certs/keys from .ovpn files"

Kind regards

Yes I got it working after your first response thanks.