Not connected, Your IP: 107.23.157.16
Sign in to follow this  

Simple question about COMODO configuration

Hello!

I am using COMODO but the posts on the forum about its configuration lock too many connections for my needs.

I only want to prevent two programs from communicating when I am not connected to AirVPN, i.e. utorrent and jdownloader.

To do that, I set the configuration shown in the picture below:

v0go.png

Can you confirm that I do not have any kind of leaks for the two programs when I disconnect from the VPN? Am I safe even if the connection to you stops working? I made some tests and the configuration seems to be effective (when I disconnect from you the downloads and uploads just stop), but I'd like to have a confirmation.

Kind regards,

Pr1nc1p1

Am I right in saying that his utorrent client will still allow incoming connections to it even when not using the VPN? if so should this rule not be changed?

Am I right in saying that his utorrent client will still allow incoming connections to it even when not using the VPN? if so should this rule not be changed?

Hello!

Yes. It's correct and insignificant since any outbound packet would be blocked if the system is not connected to the VPN, so it does not matter (for leaks purpose) whether incoming packets are dropped or not.

Kind regards

Hello,

I tried to set same configuration for Shareaza, preventing only this software to communicate if VPN drops.

First rule I set is to allow Shareaza for IP in and out  from MAC any to MAC any with any protocol, because otherwise Comodo asked me for any incoming connection.

I set the second rule the same way as above, for Shareaza instead of utorrent.

Can you confirm this setting is correct? 

Hello,

I tried to set same configuration for Shareaza, preventing only this software to communicate if VPN drops.

First rule I set is to allow Shareaza for IP in and out  from MAC any to MAC any with any protocol, because otherwise Comodo asked me for any incoming connection.

Hello!

No, it seems wrong. Consider that Comodo evaluates rules from top to bottom. So your first rule allows everything to/from anywhere.

Kind regards

Hello,

Hello!

No, it seems wrong. Consider that Comodo evaluates rules from top to bottom. So your first rule allows everything to/from anywhere.

Kind regards

Hello,

thanks for your reply, I'm an absolute beginner to vpn and comodo... so how should I answer to Comodo requests about shareaza incoming IP connections? If I block these connections my p2p program stops working......

Anyway with my setting if I  disconnect from Airvpn my Shareaza downloads and uploads just stop, and they resume when i reconnect, so it coud seems it's all right...

Thanks in advance for answers!